Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Cure - Window Leaks '98 TA Ram Air Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Cure - Window Leaks '98 TA Ram Air Convertible

Newly registered to this site but a long time reader (and beneficiary) of the great postings and advice. Will finish out my profile and avatar when I get the free time.

Have a major problem with leaking / poorly aligned side windows on 1998 TA Convertible.

Involved in an incident where another driver ran me off the road. 35 MPH into a safety median across an 8 inch curb killing both driver side wheels and tires, undercarriage damage, replaced front end components, x-brace, torque arm, exhaust, etc. New front end cosmetics, air dam and left front fender. So dealer certified repair, frame check and laser alignment ... about $7K later, still having problems with both windows not sealing properly.

Already tried going a few rounds with the body shop and have documented information with the insurance carrier. Assuming the frame is within spec - Is there any way to align / adjust the glass properly to eliminate the water and air leaks? Any advice or comment from the experts on the board would be greatly appreciated.

Really hate that this happened ... the car was absolutely perfect, one owner (me) in black paint and barely had 40K miles of weekend enjoyment, show & shine and 1/4 mile passes at the local dragstrip.

Thanks in advance.