Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere review (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere review (pics)

I've been reading about this product on the Meguiar's forums and a few people that seem to know what they are doing gave it a thumbs up so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'll post pics below but first I'll tell you what I think.

My car has been my daily driver for a couple of weeks now but it is still garage kept. It has seen some light rain and a few windy/dusty days lately

I never let it get "filthy" but it was pretty dirty.
I followed the directions on the back of the spray bottle and the results are actually pretty good. Now, do I think any die hard guy would use this product regularly on his show car? HELL NO!

BUT, I do think it's a great product for the average car guy who likes to keep his driver looking great. It smells like candy and I'm sure that's due to all of the polymers that are in it for the "waterless wash" portion of the product. It leaves behind a pretty good shine but it is a very obvious synthetic shine - not at all like a carnuba wax shine.

I consider my car a "driver" because there are a few flaws in it right now. That being said, I have done a few all out corrections on the paint over the last several years and it stays in pretty good shape. This product seemed to have removed the dirt from the car safely and did not scratch the surface (at least from what I can see from florescent light and LED light). I also used it on the chrome wheels and glass and it wiped off streak free (after a little effort).

Here are the pics.

Here's a shot to show how dirty the car was when I started. I didn't take a lot of "before" pics because you get the idea - it wasn't clean

Here are the "after shots"

And here are the two towels I used.
One to apply the product and wipe off the dirt and one to wipe clean, flip over and final buff (per instructions on bottle) The "dirty" rag still had a clean section (folded in 1/4's) before I got to the wheels for a reference.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool I was wondering about this. I use the gold class a lot as im not a car show qaulity guy even though I would like for it to receive a paint correction. Im out and its time to buy some more wash...may give this a shot.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might try this as well.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere review (pics)