Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire Options?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Options?????

Ill start with my current set up first rears are 19inch Goodyear Eagle F1 run flats and the front i have 18inch goodyear eagle f1 at first i loved the tires and buying the set for 400.00 total from my buddy who had them on his 06 corvette is not a bad deal either. since the weather is getting cooler here in Phoenix AZ ive noticed my fronts lose 10 PSI after ive driven all day and find myself putting air in the front tires every day i took them over to goodyear and there are no leaks and are in good shape. and having the run flats in the rear i find it hard to get good traction on take offs. ive been thinking of getting new tires a few people have suggested Nitto SSR but im open to suggestions at this point
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would give these a look if traction is an issue and you have a wide enough rim to fit. 19's aren't the best size for traction on these cars.
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...StreetRadialII
Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Don't have tire suggestions but if you've had your tires looked at and you are still loosing air not associated with pressure drop due to temperature or altitude changes, then you might look at your valve stems...especially the needle inside to make sure it's not gotten loose and leaking air. However, if you have good valve caps then the needle probably isn't the issue. Also I've had cracked rims leak air before...so that's something to look into. It's sometimes hard to find. That's the only suggestion or ideas I can come up with. Good luck.

Last edited by ajwoodtransport; 12-01-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Teching In

thank you all for the responses are much helpful
Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

soapy water in a squirt bottle might help. spray around the beads and valve stem. if its leaking, it will show.

Quick Reply: Tire Options?????