Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How often do you guys change spark plugs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often do you guys change spark plugs??

Im spraying a wet 125 shot with a standalone tank. It seems like the motor gets a little sluggish after 3 or 4 bottles sprayed thru it. The question is how often do you change the spark plugs spraying all the time, It seems like they are fouling out somewhat and hurting performance.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by metlic53
Im spraying a wet 125 shot with a standalone tank. It seems like the motor gets a little sluggish after 3 or 4 bottles sprayed thru it. The question is how often do you change the spark plugs spraying all the time, It seems like they are fouling out somewhat and hurting performance.

Thanks
When you say "it seems they are fouling out" do you mean you have pulled them and thats what it looks like? Or do you mean the car is running rough after three bottles and your going by how it feels?
What is your setup? There could be a few things going on, the main one of which could be your tune is off and you are either fouling or burning plugs, which would also cause a rough running engine.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

The car just seemed to be running more sluggish. Ran fine but did not pull as hard. I took plugs out today and they look good. the car definitely cranked up and even sounded better with the new plugs.. Br6efs. Raced a buddy who I beat by a car a few weeks ago. Yesterday same cars race and about the same off the line but then he immediately started pulling on me. put 2 cars on me. My car just seemed like it was down on power and i have experienced this before. changed plugs and she went back to running good. Any suggestions??
Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like your tune is off. There is no reason to change plugs that often unless something is off. Have you pulled plugs after spraying? What do they look like?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zracer323
Sounds like your tune is off. There is no reason to change plugs that often unless something is off. Have you pulled plugs after spraying? What do they look like?
^^ this

take a picture of your plugs and show us so we can determine if ur leaning out or running rich. Thats the only proven method.

WOT pull, shut car down, pull a plug or two and take pics of them. Post up.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by metlic53
The car just seemed to be running more sluggish. Ran fine but did not pull as hard. I took plugs out today and they look good. the car definitely cranked up and even sounded better with the new plugs.. Br6efs. Raced a buddy who I beat by a car a few weeks ago. Yesterday same cars race and about the same off the line but then he immediately started pulling on me. put 2 cars on me. My car just seemed like it was down on power and i have experienced this before. changed plugs and she went back to running good. Any suggestions??
Ok, so you say your plugs are fine. So I would check your bottle pressure.
Bottle pressure can drop quite a bit after a couple of full 1/4 runs, or due to a temperature drop because of the weather. Most systems want 900-950 psi to deliver optimum power. If you were, say, at 800 psi that would be a pretty good drop on hp.

Quick Reply: How often do you guys change spark plugs??