Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need expert input

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need expert input

With my car im looking for top end acceleration from 60mph to 140 at most. I live off 2 major highways so the power band im looking for is all highway. Im looking to do a LS1 build on a 98 trans am im picking up tomorrow, im going have the engine rebuilt and forged after a few basic bolt ons then instal a cam. Im looking to keep the car very reliable, I have heard 3.73s are good but im wondering if a lower gear ratio would be better for going from 60mph or so and letting me hold on to that top end power longer?

So I need to know is what gear ratio should I go with, Ive owned a few LS1 T/As in the past and the 2.73 gears are mean up past 80mph but I think a gear swap would be nice, Im unsure about getting a Stall for anything accept massive acceleration from a stop, not to sure about highway speeds. Im looking to hold on to this car for as long as I can, its going to make no more then 400rwhp and its going to be bullet proof, the few times I do go full WOT I want that car to pull hard, I have alot of little imports in my area with 410 gear set ups "Evos STIs S2000s" and they all insist on racing on the highway when a occasion dose come around late at night on a clear road, Its easy enough to pull with 2.73 gears but the extra acceleration would be nice to top off the difference.

If anything is known about what kind of cam I should get for top speed acceleration throw in your .02

Last edited by Dustinmciver8707; 12-02-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Need expert input