Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some pics of a hidden dry kit please

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some pics of a hidden dry kit please

Can someone send me some pics of how they hide their lines please. burnem_ls1_2002@yahoo.com
Old 04-13-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in seeing this as well

Jeff
Old 04-13-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

It's not hard, just use your imagination and have a ridiculously long feed line. If it's hidden, there aren't any pics to see anyway. Obviously you can't use a WOT switch by the throttle body.

Oh, and keep the main feed line inside the car...so it can't be spotted from underneath the car. If you have the right length lines, you can keep the solenoids in the car too. Put the bottle in the spare tire well, and run the line through the plastic panel next to the right side of the passenger seat. Undo the plastic panel that covers the carpet right next to the passenger seat...pull up the carpet, and run the line under there...towards the front of the car. Then remove the plastic panel next to where the passengers feet would be, and remove the pcm from the engine bay. Send the line underneath the plastic panel...and if you have the right length lines, your solenoids can go here too...so they can't be found in the engine bay. You can hide the line in a bundle of wires, and wrap it up in the black plastic. Just cover it up with the flexible black tube and keep it low. From here, you just have to decide where you want to put the nozzle. You can spray from the underside of the neck of the lid, but it will be found if you have to pop it open. If you have a FTRA or some kind of ram air kit, you can stick the nozzle down there and shoot at the filter.

Last edited by JimTA; 04-13-2004 at 11:09 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-15-2004, 12:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the writeup. I assume if the nitrous were injected into a ram-air setup, and would then have to travel through the filter, there would be some performance loss? Or does the filter not effect the nitrous charge?

Jeff
Old 04-15-2004, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dont have any pics but i poked a hole in my filter and ran the nozzle through it. i also had the solinoid installed right under the filter. the throttle switch was on the gas pedal out of site. once the air cleaner was on, it was totally hiddin.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

OK, for an auto car here is THE best one. You MUST have a FTRA for this also.
Bottle in spare tire well. Run the line up the drivers side underneath the car. Go underneath the inner fenderwell and into the area of the AIR pump. Mount your solenoid here. Run a copper tube(same as purge line) up through the front fender and where the center most fastener is that holds the bumper cover to the frame, there is a small indention for the fastener. Poke a small hole there and poke the copper tube through there slightly. It will shoot up through your FTRA. No need for a jet because you will lose some because of the filter.
Inside the car, mount a micro switch to your pedal and run the wires out of the drivers compartment and follow the feed line to the solenoid.
Now here is the ultimate stealth part. Remove your coin holder in your console.Take some old computer switches(they are 12v). You will need an on/off switch, a 'reboot' switch, and a red LED light. Cut the coin holder in 1/2 lengthways where it is joined. It is hard to try to explain how to exactly mount the switches but when done, you will still be able to have a coin in the holder of each slot like it is being used.The LED light should be carefully mounted in the quarter holder to where it will be flush to the top of the lil coin 'button'. Put a quarter on top and it can't be seen. Use the dime and nickle slots for "arm" and "GO". I have a picture of one I did but never installed if anybody wants one. This system cannot be detected at all. You can pull all the filters and lids you want and still NEVER see it.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Maybe I should just sell my TNT kit and get a 5177 just to hide...seems like so much fun
Old 04-15-2004, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

tim, send me the pic your talking about, Jkirkham79@grandecom.net
Old 04-16-2004, 06:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

Will do tonight.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:30 PM
STF Veteran

Send me pics too. bpayne69@triad.rr.com
Old 04-20-2004, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Here is mine:
Compucar Nitrous in the Bag dry kit Kit # 690310

More picks here Compucar kit