Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New To Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Nitrous

Hey guys i have a 1998 Z28 Camaro M6. Its bone stock with a borla cat back. I want to put a nitrous kit on it and i was thinking about jetting it with a 100hp shot. Can my stock motor/block handle it safely. Keep in mind i have 170,000 miles on the car but it runs great. Also any suggestions on which affordable kit to get. And what mods do i need before the kit or can i just get it and install it now. And do i need a tune after the install. Thanks guys.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Teching In

You would be alright with a 100shot on a stock bottom end. 170k is quite a few miles Might want to do a compression test and see how things stand first. I think its foolish to not get a tune when using nitrous. You need to take some timing out and keep an eye on your a/f ratio. Plenty of people have run nitrous without a tune but I wouldnt.

You can run a nitrous kit by itself but I would suggest getting a tps if it doesnt come with one and a window switch. Also get a pressure gauge whether its on your bottle or in your car to keep an eye on things.

If you dont want to get a tune. Pull 4 degrees of timing and check you plugs and go from there.

Last edited by CR04gt; 12-06-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:07 AM
TECH Regular

I bought the car this May and i had it gone through by a trusted shop and they said it was good. So what is a TPS and how much would that and a window switch cost?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

As long as the motor is sound a 100 shot be ok. The fuel pump is good for 450whp but with the mileage the pump could be a little weaker than normal. I would keep a watch on the pressure.

The window switch would be great for activation.

here is what we offer.

http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...2&product=4488

If the motor is sound, the LS1 will take it. The fuel pump is good to around 450 whp but with the mileage it could possibly be a little weak. I would keep an eye on the fuel pressure.

As far as timing goes, if it is bone stock you might be able to get away with on timing pulled but i would not chance it. I would pull the timing then work timing back checking new plugs every time you add some timing.

Window switch wise this is what we offer. Window switcher are great to have for a number of reasons. They can help you from spraying to low in the rpm and keep for from spraying on the fuel cut on the upper end of the RPM. If you were to do both of these it can cause a nitrous backfire.
http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...2&product=4488
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

So i have been thinking about going with the wet shot. Now do u have to run a fuel line from the gas tank to the nozzle. And also how dificult are these instals.

Quick Reply: New To Nitrous