Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

frt brembo brake caliper brackets

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default frt brembo brake caliper brackets

I got my self some 6 piston brembo brake calipers from work today which I had saved from the core bin cause we dont sell calipers so I figure it would make a good brake upgrade for my firebird, Now they had come off a 2011 bwm 135i and have 13. something rotor on the frt, I know brembo had a kit with 6 piston calipers on 14" rotors before and I had searched but couldnt find the mounting brake from brembo, just wounder should I just build my own brackets or dose any one know where I can find any.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

To mount them on your car a custom bracket would be required; not even optional. Also have to find a rotor that will work and a rim.

Be sure to make the bracket stout enough though; look at the brackets for the C5 brake conversion, that's probably similar to what you're going to have to build.

Look online and find all the specifications about the calipers that you have; rotor diameter compatibility, mounting bolt pattern, Rotor thickness compatibility, etc.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

I never thought of making a bracket like the c5 swap that may just work, ill be using 14" rotor from a vette or 2010 ss camaro wheel i have covered i got 18" z06 for the frt coming i got a buddy who will build the finial bracker once i get everything all done, good thing i kept my old lt1 spindles and hub for mock up
Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Kore3 brakes, those guys might can help.

Quick Reply: frt brembo brake caliper brackets