Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mounting RS spoiler on Z28

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting RS spoiler on Z28

Has anyone mounted a 97 3 piece type RS spoiler on a 98-02 Z28 just using double backed 3M tape instead of drilling and mounting with the attached bolts coming out of the bottom of the spoiler. I really would'nt like to drill if i don't have to. When i tryed to pry it off at the junk yard after i took the nuts off the underside i still had a real tuff time getting it off the original double backed tape was so strong.It actually took the clear coat off with the tape. The car won't be used for the track.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well ya gotta think that spoiler was bolted down tight on that tape for years. When you just tape it down I don't see the same pressure being applied and for not near as long. That 3m tape is strong no doubt and it might even be fine. Me personally wouldn't rely on tape solely holding down my investment back there. Just my opinion.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** no I wouldnt mount a spoiler just with tape. That is totally unsafe and I'd run you down if that thing came flying off and hit my car. Do it right, bolt it down or dont do it at all.

Plus I personally can't stand the RS spoiler/body kit, but thats neither here nor there....

Quick Reply: Mounting RS spoiler on Z28