Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Red 98 SS street strip nitrous car

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red 98 SS street strip nitrous car

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $10000
Mileage: 140000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Okay guys the time has come as much as I don't want to do it. I'm getting out before I'm in too deep. Before i get everyone into it with all the good **** in this car....... It's a SALVAGE TITLE 140k dun dun dun!!!!!!This car was bone stock when I bought it had a low mile ls1 which did me well. One of the first mods was kooks 1-3/4" headers and the fast 90/90. The next was rear moser 12 bolt some suspension goodies. Used spohn t/a. I bought a new spohn sway bar and chromoly lca's. It has D/A madman valved AFCO's with 275lb springs and bearing kit. Pretty much it for suspension parts. I took out some weight like no carpet no a/c, and I cut the front up a bit. Shaved the inside of the fenders flush( don't ask why it was not even five pounds). Cut the front frame rails. dumThat's about it for weight reduction. I bought the race stars new from Jim's racing tires front have nixen 165/80/15 rear are M/T 275/60-15's getting pretty low. Trans is a th-350 rmvb shifts hard has a jw brake on it and a fti 5200 nitrous stall converter, I did a custom center console which isn't finished yet but it houses the gauges. Motor is a lq4 fly cut pistons 100 thousands. Ls7 lifters 7.4 pushrods. The cam is a 244/239 reverse split on a 114 lsa 612/624 lift, Katech c5r timing chain. The motor has excellent oil pressure. I just had the car at the track it ran a consistent 11.50 @118 with a shitty 1.60 60' so there us a lot of room for improvement but it's a nitrous car so I wouldn't worry about that, and the race weight was 3526lb's with me in it. The car has a full exhaust on it with a magnaflow car back which is very quiet until you open the electric cutout by dmh. The exhaust is off my buddy's Aps t/a which utilized a kooks catless y that was cut at the y and had a 4" pipe added so it flows excellent with the cut out open. The rear is moser 12 bolt with a strange spool and 3.73's c clip eliminators and 33 spline axels. With a smaller cam and an ls1 100lbs lighter son a 100 shot it ran 10.50 @ 125 with a 1.52 60' and a 10.31 @127 with a 1.54 60' the bottle was getting low. I was planing on a 9.99 or better 2 weeks after when I upgraded to the fti converter, but the one nitrous pass I hit it with unfortunately was the pass the motor let go but still ran a 10.65 on a 150 shot I stayed in it lol. This new 6.0 set up I can say runs strong on motor pulls very hard up to 6800 the limiter about 155-160. dumAttached to the fast intake is a nos 90 mm plate kit. I have a lot of money in this car an will most likely be taking a crazy hit on this sale. I can send pics to who ever just pm you number.dum
Old 12-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one is interested at all? You couldn't build this car for any where near this price. Have all receipts for the stuff I bought new.

Quick Reply: Red 98 SS street strip nitrous car