Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC swaybar brackets broke! (Not happy soo far!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Default MWC swaybar brackets broke! (Not happy soo far!!)

So Last April I bought a MWC 9inch with a spool and their drag bar setup. Quality rear-end with a an easy install. I beat the snot out of my car all summer long. Well I took it in to buddies shop to get the front end aligned om September 24th. Well buddy calls me and tells me my sway bar brackets are broken!

Here is where it broke, and it is like this on both sides! So I called Eric to discuss this and what he was going to do about it. He said he was going to make me some new brackets no charge, and it would be a few weeks. Ok, fine I said get them coming I would like to drive me car to the end of October.

So it is now December 7th and I haven't seen any brackets! My car has been down since and its actually in storage broken!!! So in 17 days it will be 3months!!

I like MWC's product but this is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! I should not have to wait this long to get some brackets!

I did nothing but street drive my car and made like 6 track passes this summer. These brackets should have never broke. I don't know maybe its the double round abouts in my neighborhood.

Regardless MWC needs to step up and make this right! If that means getting me my brackets or sending me some mullah to fix the rear-end. I do not care but something needs to be done!! STOP DRAGGING YOUR FEET AND MAKE THIS RIGHT!!

I tried to refrain from making a post as long as I could but this is down right terrible customer service and people need to be aware that if you get something from MWC be prepared to wait for you stuff!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I looked at this for the OP and was pretty surprised at the thin material that was used. At least make it right MWC!!

Last edited by LS1NOVA; 12-08-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats no good, I am sure they will step up, they probably forgot about them
Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow... really? I spoke with the OP within the last couple weeks and explained to him that I absolutely have not forgotten and we are having custom brackets laser cut which can take some time.
I would hand build some but the simple fact is I have a lot of customers to take care of, and at this point in time it would be senseless to spend the amount of time required to hand build a set that will never be as good as laser cut parts. I knew up front the OP stores the car in the off season and it would be best to have quality parts made right the first time. Had it been in a "racing next weekend" in the middle of the season situation I absolutely would have made a set by hand.

As for the breakage issue I am not really sure why at this point. There are literally 100s of this exact same ARB out there for the last 5 years, and this is the first and only time something like this has happened to my knowledge. The OP has a spool in the car and street drives a lot(with soft tires) which is quite stressful on all the rearend and suspension parts.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

The email i sent you on Sept. 24th is not the off season! I like to drive me car every weekend up till the end of October. It should not take 3 months to get some brackets. Hell we just got our first snow of the year last night!! I probably could have drove the car up till yesterday if I didn't have to have it stored by a certain date.

I did not want to post this up, but the the fact is I am not happy with the situation! I honestly feel like if I am not a high dollar customer that I am being pushed aside and I don't think that is right.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, MWC is a great seller and customer service provider, something went wrong but MWC always backs up their products
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by transam69230

I beat the snot out of my car all summer long.

I did nothing but street drive my car and made like 6 track passes this summer. These brackets should have never broke. I don't know maybe its the double round abouts in my neighborhood.

I just find these two statements funny.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

So you buy a high dollar rear end and drive it like a 90 year old grandma? They are cars that are way harder on their stuff than me and their stuff doesnt break!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Any idea what would have caused that? Think it was just a manufacturing defect? Based on how many people have good luck with the MWC stuff I don't think it'd be a design flaw.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Launching!

You don't have a welding machine? Know someone with one? I would have hammered the bracket straight again and welded the tear. Would have held you over till MWC could get you new brackets. I agree 3 months is a long time to get something laser cut. I am sure you could find a local shop that could turn those around a lot faster than that, it would cost some extra coin though. But ultimately, blasting them on an online forum ain't cool unless they tell you to stuff it. Sounds like a miscommunication between you and the vendor on a decent lead time.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eric at MWC is a small shop vendor and sometimes small shop vendors deal with issues that GM never would need to. I can also speak from experience that Eric does everything in as timely a manner as possible while ENSURING that quality is maintained. Sounds like to me that an arrangement was made to get the OP the quality replacement parts while the vehicle was locked in storage and as soon as MWC received the laser cut parts, they would promptly go out. It also appears to me that the OP never requested to MWC that waiting for the quality laser parts was unacceptable and therfore he would prefer to have hand made ones and get them sooner. All that said, this appears to be another typicle communication breakdown and a premature "throw the vendor under the bus" thread.

Keep up the good work MWC and OP please learn how to handle things in a more tactful manner.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by transam69230
So you buy a high dollar rear end and drive it like a 90 year old grandma? They are cars that are way harder on their stuff than me and their stuff doesnt break!
No he was implying that 6 passes at the track and street driving doesn't constitute "beating the snot out of it all summer long." Something like 100-200 passes possibly.

Only thing I can think of is the powdercoating didn't set well and you got moisture in there and rust started to form making it brittle or something.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Eric at MWC is a small shop vendor and sometimes small shop vendors deal with issues that GM never would need to. I can also speak from experience that Eric does everything in as timely a manner as possible while ENSURING that quality is maintained. Sounds like to me that an arrangement was made to get the OP the quality replacement parts while the vehicle was locked in storage and as soon as MWC received the laser cut parts, they would promptly go out. It also appears to me that the OP never requested to MWC that waiting for the quality laser parts was unacceptable and therfore he would prefer to have hand made ones and get them sooner. All that said, this appears to be another typicle communication breakdown and a premature "throw the vendor under the bus" thread.

Keep up the good work MWC and OP please learn how to handle things in a more tactful manner.
Good post and well stated.

It is very difficult being a small shop.

And as far as getting a hold of MWC or getting parts: I called and got through on the first call and had parts on my door step six days later.

Thank you for the business Eric.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know how you can state that this is a premature "throw the vendor under the bus" thread because I call every two weeks to MWC to see where we are at with my brackets. He states that they are getting cut this week. I have called 3-4 or times now, and it is the same thing. He says that I will have them in a week and a half, they are being cut this week.

MWC is kinda confused as I said i need the parts before I store my car! Not next spring when the car comes out.

Everything that I have got from MWC has never been on time FYI. First the rear-end that I was told was going to be done at the end of February 2012, and I didn't get till end of March. Next the trq arm mount that I had to have re-made and got lost in their shop that took three weeks to get to me. The k-member that I ordered from them in February 2012 that I didn't receive until the 2nd week of June. Now three months to make some brackets.

I think I have more than enough examples here to post that I am not a happy customer. Not disappointed with the quality of the product. I am frustrated with the customer service, times frames, and being told every time I call its going to be done with in the next two weeks.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

time may be an issue. regardless at least they are fixing it... monster wouldnt even hold their warranty...
kudos to eric for actually making it right

quality>quantity
Old 12-18-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They make great products but I think it really depends on who you are or who you know type of thing. I went thru the same type of thing as many others have posted when I ordered a couple items from them. Paid, was told item would ship within 2-3 business days, didnt receive it until 2 months later. It didnt really hold me up cause I was doing a complete overhaul on chassis and such but the time frames they promise are a joke. I know a buddy that waited almost 4-5 months on a rear-end that he paid in full and was told a month or two at the most.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm just curious, did you ever contact them between October and now?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Ugh like every two weeks!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Every two weeks? LMAO. The threatening first call when the issue happened, seen in person at the LSX shootout, and one other call just before this post was made. FYI when you do things like this after I have clearly explained to you the situation will not help you get better service. I have changed some things with the bracket and it takes time to get it done, especially being we have these brackets cut for us by laser.. I feel this is the best way for the situation to be resolved and not potentially have the same issue later.

You act like the cracked bracket stopped you from driving the car. Like mentioned earlier... most people would have just welded it up at least as a temporary fix to get it taken care of until I can get the updated brackets done. Did you ever consider just unbolting it from the car? Wow...
Old 12-21-2012, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Honestly I gave up in the matter and that is why I posted this! Sounds like I am going to have to pay out of my pocket to have it fixed which I believe I shouldn't have to.

I honestly feel like I am being ignored and am told what I want to hear when I call. I would much rather hear the truth, that it is going to be done by this date. I guess I expected better customer service for the amount of money I spent on parts within the last year.

Quick Reply: MWC swaybar brackets broke! (Not happy soo far!!)