Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just about Me and Making a holler Out to yall

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just about Me and Making a holler Out to yall

Hi Im fairly new to this forum, just wanted say hey to everyone on here and this seems like a great sight with a ton of valuble information. I purchased my dream car of all my life this year, and I love it. Its everything i have ever dreamed and god honost truth i would take this car over ANY italian exotice ricer crap or any other car any second of the week. call be crazy but i would.

So here are my plans and a little about me, its good to be apart of this community, there arent any ls1 enthusiasts around here that i can be apart of so i must resort to online. This will be my new family :
Basic Goals:
So im 17 years old and i have this car and between now and the next 6-7 years i am willing to blow ALL my cash on this car upwards of $140,000
I want a DECENTLY reliable engine (the use of the expenisive and elusive titanium will be used excessively in my engine setup. rods, valves, retainers, pistons, hell maybe even triangular titanium pushrods!!!. I DEFINETLY want standard yes i relize auto would be better in the long run but i still want a 5-spd or 6-spd, I am not doing drag suspension as i want to handle good brake good have a good top end and a high 8 second 1/4 mile. I refuse to GUT this car however removing non important things such as front/rear collision bumper (not bumper covers) A/C, spare tires, air bags, etc WiLL HAPPEN.
I will be on here reading and absorbing the knowledge, any websites who carry good stuff is greatly appreciated, recommended brands etc. feel free to private message me or just post it here. any help can go a long way.
I always do what i say im gonna do and this will happen regardless of whatever takes place in my life till then even if i lose a leg.

my weak areas are cam's and suspenion, I know alot about these but not when it comes to the f-body im still a little shaky on the what to's for ls1 cam selection vs engine setup, and the F-body suspenion setup.

my Auto backround:
Loved cars all my life, read on cars everyday
C.T.E. Auto Straight A+'s
Vica States 2004: 1st in state
Vica nationals: Heading to it in June 04
Ford AAA States: Got selected by highest score on written going to compete in states hands-on.
Ford AAA Nationals: Depends on placement in States.
Will be attending either Ohio tech (full blown scholarship already recieved) or NADC (so far have 8G scholar another 8G awarded for AAA if i win 1st in that too.

Glad to be here sorry about the long post and i dont mean to spam this sight, just wanted to give a shout out here.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

must nice to dream. those are some pretty high aspirations for your car. when you get back to planet earth let me know. also do not drop 140,000$ into your car. mod it and have fun.

Old 04-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Teching In

not high, very possible, wont be easy, but very possible, with lightweight comes handling acceleration and braking, with power comes top end and with power under curve comes acceleration, a 1.45 G is not TOO high Yes i relize it sounds mind bogilling but its not, a majority of it comes down to car weight, and traction, top end is one of the easiest, being brute power is ALL that is required the car is fairly aerodynamic. braking comes down to heat disipation caliper clamping and again Traction and vehicle weight... the only problem ,..... mid-high 8 second 1/4 mile with non drag suspension setup and decent reliabilty solving this last issue is the real dilema. I will in the end spend close to $140K as i already semi-calculated 90% of things on the to buy list.

Please no flaming, this is an achievable goal, and it will take time and money, both of which i am willing to sacrifice.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

ignorance is bliss....
Old 04-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

I dont mean to flame u or anything, but if you want to run 8's in that car, it will not see the street. If you actually have 140 g's, then your best bet is to build a forged shortblock, and run boost through it with a nice suspension set up. With that you'll be deep in the 10's if u can drive. And use that other money on something else, because your definately gonna wanna enjoy your car on the street. Check out Thunder racing, that site has alot of nice stuff for these cars. Plus use the search function to do some research.

Once again, 8's in that car with how you want it is a pipe dream.

-Brian
Old 04-14-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you can get 1.45g's on the skidpad without some major downforce. You're not gonna be able to do it just by reducing weight and suspension work. You could build a hell of a car for 140,000 but i don't see it pulling 1.45g's and going 8's both. Did you win the lottery or something?
Old 04-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Teching In

somss and p mack i respect your comments they were very well brought up, i just dont feel like hearing ignorant people saying Not possible not possible and wont even try to listen.
I am building pretty much a lemans C5R which runs lower 10's with a suspension setup that would make 1.45 G's look like sh*t and it runs these times all motor. and brakes good
Im building the same thing but in a ws6 body, my expectations for handling and braking are not as high and im also going to be running a NASTY twin turbo setup
So its a c5r in firebird body with twin turbo faster but wont handle or brake as good... a lingenfelter vette will run 8.95 and pull 1.05G (with very minor suspension work) on stock sized wheels... there is no reason why a better and lighter car with beter traction cant run equivelent times and better handling / braking... VERY POSSIBLE.... again look at the lingenfelter 427TT. Except i plan on using alot of titanium parts and a ton more boost... i plan on dropping weight to atleast as low as 2700 LBS (vette 3100)
having much better traction and more in debth suspension setup
picture the c5r without restriction plates or tire restrictions and a twin turbo
Old 04-14-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 04-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Didnt see that part before on what motor you want to build, my bad. All I can say is that you should build the car like that and have fun in it. Its gonna be alot of work and alot of money considering the C5R blocks are as much as a whole shortblock. I would just go with a sleeved LS6 and save yourself some money there. Would also run a single turbo setup because they are lighter than the twins and you can run enough boost with the single using a bigger sized turbo.

-Brian
Old 04-14-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if you really are serious about this project, you should probably do it right the first time and look into a tube frame chassis. You'll have a hell of a time getting to that weight and that kind of chassis rigidity with a unibody. Good luck, if you can pull this off i'll be be real impressed (and surprised). What are you gonna do for downforce, a huge c5r style wing?
Old 04-14-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Give me a B
Give me an O
Give me an R
Give me an I
Give me an N
Give me a G
What's this thread: BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow guys, you all like to **** on peoples dreams? Damn I think its a great idea, if you ahve the money and time do it up. Im not gunna hate cuz i dont have 140k to spend on my car. The tube chassis is what you should run, because the unibody = suck
Old 04-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Not quite sure where to get the tube frame from and transfering the **** will be a pain in the ***, im thinking i'll probly get stuff like a fuel system to support it suspension etc. and then work my way up to the motor and turbo's. Later in the end of the project (meanwhile enjoying my car and modding it to this point) i think I could Get a tube frame, and transfer everything over, and the carbon fiber body will be towards the end of the project. Cost effective things first, carbon fiber body and tube frame at the end. Again to transfer everything would suck and take a hell of a long time, I'd be firebird-less for probly 6-8 months maybe longer.
I can't just take any tube chassis from bill and bob down the road and slap parts on it... anyone know of a well known company or hell an already designed one if they already exist. that would be great, As far as downforce, I'll probly be looking at custom made parts rather than what already exists in the market.

blnky and heyitsjay blow me because i get more respect from rice burners and mustang people then you too B*tches, and its kinda sad comming from fellow ls1 owners... Man up and atleast back up your OPINIONS with some FACTS!!!. 20 years ago the idea of an 10 second reliable 1/4 mile was impossible and all thsoe who doubted it look what happened!!!!. You are just like one of them....
Also i know of some rice burners down in florida this one in particular that i know of runs an 8.6 1/4mile its an eagle talon it has a FULL interior and its a street driven vehicle which also handles and brakes good. do you want to admit defeat on your precious f-body? cuz i sure in hell wont stand around and let it happen.
Whether your mad, jealous, or scared you need to get over and actually become some help rather then sit there and run your mouth over some opinions. because i am williing to spend tha money and i want to finish this project in about 5-6 more years (I'll be 23- 24 by then) the tube chassis might be pushing my grand total to more like 160K
Old 04-16-2004, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ws6Transam2002M6
Not quite sure where to get the tube frame from and transfering the **** will be a pain in the ***, im thinking i'll probly get stuff like a fuel system to support it suspension etc. and then work my way up to the motor and turbo's. Later in the end of the project (meanwhile enjoying my car and modding it to this point) i think I could Get a tube frame, and transfer everything over, and the carbon fiber body will be towards the end of the project. Cost effective things first, carbon fiber body and tube frame at the end. Again to transfer everything would suck and take a hell of a long time, I'd be firebird-less for probly 6-8 months maybe longer.
I can't just take any tube chassis from bill and bob down the road and slap parts on it... anyone know of a well known company or hell an already designed one if they already exist. that would be great, As far as downforce, I'll probly be looking at custom made parts rather than what already exists in the market.

blnky and heyitsjay blow me because i get more respect from rice burners and mustang people then you too B*tches, and its kinda sad comming from fellow ls1 owners... Man up and atleast back up your OPINIONS with some FACTS!!!. 20 years ago the idea of an 10 second reliable 1/4 mile was impossible and all thsoe who doubted it look what happened!!!!. You are just like one of them....
Also i know of some rice burners down in florida this one in particular that i know of runs an 8.6 1/4mile its an eagle talon it has a FULL interior and its a street driven vehicle which also handles and brakes good. do you want to admit defeat on your precious f-body? cuz i sure in hell wont stand around and let it happen.
Whether your mad, jealous, or scared you need to get over and actually become some help rather then sit there and run your mouth over some opinions. because i am williing to spend tha money and i want to finish this project in about 5-6 more years (I'll be 23- 24 by then) the tube chassis might be pushing my grand total to more like 160K

hey cmon now! why do u haveta go and call us bitches? you are 17. you have about 3 pubes and no girlfriend. You havent even graduated high school bud. you have a job? baggin groceries wont get you a 140,000$. there are going to be so many changes occuring in your life that your to ignorant to see right now becuase your young and dum. so when your 23-24 your gonna be broke and have a 9sec car. is that supposed to pay bills? is that going to get you a job? is that going to support your family? get your head outta your ***. there are more important things than cars. cars are hobbies. things to have fun with and escape everyday bs that comes our way. before you go spoutin your mouth and callin people bitches you need to fukin come correct. dont be callin me that ****. im an adult, and i was 17 once. i am not sayn that your dream is far fetched....it is just funny to see a young kid come out and say all that stuff. 8sec streetable car, 140,000$. but its up to you. you will eventually see what i mean. sorry if i hurt your feelings, but dont ever come on this board and call me a bitch.

J
Old 04-16-2004, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

What the heck have they been teaching you at your automotive classes????
Old 04-16-2004, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by heyitsTaJay
hey cmon now! why do u haveta go and call us bitches? you are 17. you have about 3 pubes and no girlfriend. You havent even graduated high school bud. you have a job? baggin groceries wont get you a 140,000$. there are going to be so many changes occuring in your life that your to ignorant to see right now becuase your young and dum. so when your 23-24 your gonna be broke and have a 9sec car. is that supposed to pay bills? is that going to get you a job? is that going to support your family? get your head outta your ***. there are more important things than cars. cars are hobbies. things to have fun with and escape everyday bs that comes our way. before you go spoutin your mouth and callin people bitches you need to fukin come correct. dont be callin me that ****. im an adult, and i was 17 once. i am not sayn that your dream is far fetched....it is just funny to see a young kid come out and say all that stuff. 8sec streetable car, 140,000$. but its up to you. you will eventually see what i mean. sorry if i hurt your feelings, but dont ever come on this board and call me a bitch.

J
I agree! Learn some respect jr. better yet don't come back until you're legal!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All he has to do is get laid for the 1st time, then he'll ralize that the 140k he calculated he'd have turns into 25k..which will still be a more than respectable ride. Not doggin' ya man, just telling ya omethig you havent realized yet. Conviction is good, but not often lasting. Follow your dreams, just promise to re-post them as they alter. Good Luck.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Teching In

been laid more then all of yous combined. the dreams are pretty crazy high but what you guys are saying is that it cant even be accomplished and thats not even true and its not the case. I dont plan on having a family atleast until my late 20's im gonna **** around spend my money on cars and when im ready to settle down then i will and put a nice down on my house and we will work together buy stuff entertainment system furnishing etc... and have kids... im 17 bro.... I have an 02 Fully loaded ws6 I work my *** off to get you dont relize how much i had to go through to get this. I am responsible i've kept this job for 3 + years i had a job at 13 ( a little illegal cuz the hire age was 15) I work hard and I already have something to show for it. where were you when you were 17???? I have hundreds of friends im well known and im in great shape so dont come out and start calling me stupid dumb and incompetent (sp?) I have auto-dealer ships that want me as a tech there, i have a full ride scholarship to colleges in the auto field, as far as im concerened i have a good life ahead of me and i didn't come from a rich family or any one in auto i worked my *** off to get where i am and you need to relize that. I always do what i say i will and i am going to pull through on this... i'll keep you guys updated for whoever stays in this forum long enough to see the end results some years from now...
I have nothing to spend my money on, im not ready for a family nor my own place. so its cars cars cars and more cars... All of those goals i lister should be decently easy to accomplish with the acception of the 1.4 G skidpad... i'll be happy with 1.2, hell even 1.10 and i would call it a night... but the ultimate goal is 1.4 if not i will settle for the below numbers as far as the rest of the performance departments that shouldnt be a problem now honostly think about it and tell me again its impossible....
Old 04-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Teching In

when i posted this i didnt want flames on how its impossible and all this nonsence i like to hear opinions of parts, not opinions of what you think is accomplishable or not.
I just wanna hear some thoughts like "you should yous the gm crate 572 and destroke for some higher rev" or "go the supercharger way instead of turbo" etc not
haha good luck, it will never happen, not possible because if you lived in the 60-70's as a 16-25 year old what ever the case i bet you 90% of **** that exists now, or is possible to accomplish all of you would have said "IMPOSSIBLE i dont even wanna hear what you have to say" but look at the world now...
Old 04-18-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

So, your a top notch car guy, huh? Lets talk theory...