Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Dumb question

I have a 5.3 in a Lemans I want to toss a 100 shot at. Never used nitrous a day in my life but I have the kit sitting on the shelf for the last few years so why not. Now here is my question with ecueditor on my Hayabusa, I can flip a switch to change maps, is there anything like that available for ls tunes? Meaning in one mode I can hit wot without nitrous and have stock timing, then flip the switch engage the nitrous and have it pull timing as needed?
Old 12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kainedogg
I have a 5.3 in a Lemans I want to toss a 100 shot at. Never used nitrous a day in my life but I have the kit sitting on the shelf for the last few years so why not. Now here is my question with ecueditor on my Hayabusa, I can flip a switch to change maps, is there anything like that available for ls tunes? Meaning in one mode I can hit wot without nitrous and have stock timing, then flip the switch engage the nitrous and have it pull timing as needed?
A timing tuner will work.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ As he said a Lingenfelter LNC 2000 or a MSD timing twister will do exactly what you are wanting.

Trey
Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Timing twister? It changes your map? I will have to look into that.

Thanks for the reply guys.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

The twister doesn't change your map at all...All it does is retard or advance the timing and to my knowledge isn't even being offered anymore as a unit by itself.

If you are looking for something for pulling timing then the Lingenfelter unit is the best option on the market by far!! http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3467

Quick Reply: Dumb question