Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sort of a noob

Old 04-14-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sort of a noob

hey gang,
figured i woudl finally get around to saying hi and introducing myself.
i have been around cars for more than half my life now, and spent the last 9years or so as an f-body owner. i recently purchased my second 3rd gen camaro, an '83 Z28.
i plan to move into the world of the LS1 powered sometime early next year by converting my car to a turbo'ed stock displacement LS1.
the car will be built as a street legal, pump gas only vehicle that looks nice and goes like hell. i expect teh end result to be well into teh 9's with my eye on going even faster.
although i am fairly new to teh LS1 thing, i have been drag racing(legally and otherwise) for 15years now, and i have autocrossed for 5years. i have a lot of general knowledge of the workings of cars in performance applications that i hope will be helpful to everyone here.
two things you will most likely hear me talk about regularly are selecting the proper gears and taking weight out fo the car(my friends all refer to me as teh weight **** )

later
tim
Old 04-15-2004, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I loved the 3rd Gen F-bodies. Being a kid in high school at the time, I was obviously influenced. As a matter of fact I remember having a T-shirt that said "'82 Camaro - the best yet" or something like that. It had a pic with a bigass blower, etc., that I think I ordered from a comic book. I also remember a HS buddy of mine having a 1985 IROC with the crappy old 305HO carb'ed SBC. It wasn't very fast and the damn speedo was weird (with the dual needles) but it was great at the time.

Anyway, welcome and best of luck with your project
Old 04-15-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

welcome to the board!

if you need LS1 info for your project....this is THE place to find it.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome aboard, sounds like you're going to have a badass third gen.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome again to LS1tech. I hope you definitely find the vast information available on this board very useful in your upcoming project. Good luck, stay safe, and most of all have fun!

Search this Thread