Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

get high at work, get time off and your job back.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default get high at work, get time off and your job back.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ob-reinstated/
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And thats why Unions are one of the worst things in this country.... From teachers to morons popping hub caps on cars making 50 bucks an hour....
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sigh... Some people I tell ya
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be more worried with them being drunk on the job than "high"...
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This just irritates me so much!! There is absolutely no personal accountability left in this country. Great way to teach our kids - ****-off and don't worry about any consequences! ******* unions......
Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

FORWARD!!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

ultimate? did somebody hack your account lol
Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

That is just amazing. Wow. If you're in a union, then you don't need accountability.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unions: do whatever you want and not get in trouble.....until the company moves to Mexico because of you.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
ultimate? did somebody hack your account lol
lol. i just posted this up for everyone to read. im surprised as anyone else.

honestly i could care less but im interested in how this arbitrator came to this conclusion.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This is where unions lose credibility. For all the positives they claim to be doing for the workers, they go and do this. In the real world, you lose your job permanently for ******* around like this.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Yea they were reinstated to my knowledge because they were not on company ground nor on company time. They were followed by a Fox News local crew attempting to smear the UAW after the auto crisis. The company was unaware of the employees actions until later so requiring drug and alcohol tests did not happen. This was taken to arbitration and the arbitration agreed the the company had not met the "burden of proof" to terminate the employees. "Just Cause" is key under the law to discharge an employee. Dont disagree they were dumbasses. Unions are legally obligated to defend all members in these circumstances and can face legal actions if they refuse to do so. Its no different then you being caught on camera supposedly driving drunk and then the police arrested you a week and a half later for DUI. it would never stick in court nor did this charge survive the grievance procedure.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wannabess00
Yea they were reinstated to my knowledge because they were not on company ground nor on company time. They were followed by a Fox News local crew attempting to smear the UAW after the auto crisis. The company was unaware of the employees actions until later so requiring drug and alcohol tests did not happen. This was taken to arbitration and the arbitration agreed the the company had not met the "burden of proof" to terminate the employees. "Just Cause" is key under the law to discharge an employee. Dont disagree they were dumbasses. Unions are legally obligated to defend all members in these circumstances and can face legal actions if they refuse to do so. Its no different then you being caught on camera supposedly driving drunk and then the police arrested you a week and a half later for DUI. it would never stick in court nor did this charge survive the grievance procedure.
but they did return to work most likely intoxicated correct? i agree that all employees good or bad should be allowed a grievance process but do you know if they at least have to get counseling or treatment and are subject to drug testing?

according to the local news station that reported this a coworker told on these guys.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

The company was not able to identify those involved until later. The news station called Chrysler HQ who then contacted plant management. The company would've had to present indisputable evidence that these employees were in fact intoxicated. Because they were not tested that day there's no proof under the law to discharge these employees. And because of this being an arbitration hearing, Chrysler can not require the employees to attend consoling. Chrysler could've made it conditional up through joint-appeal board but chose to stick to their guns on termination
Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Again, in the real world, you lose your job for this.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm waiting for the day all 50 states are Right To Work states and this issue will be far less. Unions have too much power and only care about the dues they get paid. They are a "company" within a company, scavanging off the workers in the name of "better pay and benefits" They had a place back in the day but now they've overstepped their bounds and will hopefully be declining...
Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Yes that's a fair assumption of what I do for a living! We are so powerful and obsessed with our money that nearly every contract over the last 15yrs has negotiated a new wage tier that pays workers only 60% of what their predecessors make. As well as taken healthcare responsibility away from Automakers and funded it ourselves! And we did all of this despite the fact we are so powerful that we could force companies to do whatever we want? I want you to think about what you've said and realize you know nothing about what I do for a living nor do you know anything about unions period
Old 12-13-2012, 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where I work, people were caught shooting heroine in the parking lot, on company time during break. 3 day suspension and the UAW got them their jobs back with full back pay...go figure.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh from the unions and members i've dealt with doing my job(transit and mechanic unions with almost every major metro area in the country) i clearly know nothing... right. Unions had a time and place and that has come and gone. They are a dying breed... You don't know me, what i do, who i deal with in my work, and what i know so go f*ck yourself...
Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Settle down sport. Youre the one making obnoxious claims about things you dont understand. There are good unions and bad unions and it always comes down to leadership. We sit across the table from CEOs and Execs that now make 400x what the average worker makes compared to 80x just 30yrs ago. All this while we take pay cuts in exchange for benefits and no retirement packages. To those who stand by the logic that union representation promotes poor work ethics in the work place than you in turn have to argue that the American Justice system promotes criminal acts by assuring the accused the right to legal defense in the courts. This case was nothing more than a theatrical stunt to promote a narrative to an audience with a similar political view point and furthered the notion that organized labor only exists to protect negligent workers. When in fact there are countless examples of cases in which employers disenfranchise workers in order to further their market share or increase revenue or just plain pass the blame along

Quick Reply: get high at work, get time off and your job back.