Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cruise - Dec. 15, for a good cause

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise - Dec. 15, for a good cause

*Before you move this thread... I already posted this in the Regional-Eastern forum and nobody responded so I just wanted to post it somewhere where it will be seen by more people, thank you*

This cruise is on Saturday in Massachusetts, from West to East. The weather looks good too. We already have around 50 cars, it should be a really good time. Plus, we're bringing toys to a huge Toys for Tots fundraiser so it's a great chance to brighten up Christmas for some kids. Join our Facebook group for more details, including meeting points along the way.

http://www.facebook.com/events/493245330699336/

Hope some of you New Englanders can make it!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Teching In

We have a similar event in indy! .

http://www.facebook.com/events/294661420653475/
Old 12-11-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just saw this, short notice but I can try and make it. Looks like it would be a good time for a good cause.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Just saw this, short notice but I can try and make it. Looks like it would be a good time for a good cause.
Yeah you should def try to make it, it's gonna be a good time. Where would you be coming from?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 92Vette
Yeah you should def try to make it, it's gonna be a good time. Where would you be coming from?
Nashua NH, If I can go I would meet up with everyone in Auburn, MA at the mall.

If I do go might be best to keep me out of pictures My cars a Frankenstein currently.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Nashua NH, If I can go I would meet up with everyone in Auburn, MA at the mall.

If I do go might be best to keep me out of pictures My cars a Frankenstein currently.
hahaha that's okay, you won't be judged

I'll be at Auburn in my 'Vette, I'll be with an Eclipse, a TT 300zx, a Merc, a TL, some Evo's and some Cobalts and prob some more cars. I will have a GoPro as always
Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hahaha that's okay, you won't be judged

I'll be at Auburn in my 'Vette, I'll be with an Eclipse, a TT 300zx, a Merc, a TL, some Evo's and some Cobalts and prob some more cars. I will have a GoPro as always
Ill pass the word around and see if I can get any one from up my way to join me.

I'm always down for some friendly runs if permitted. Ill run anything win or lose lol
Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Ill pass the word around and see if I can get any one from up my way to join me.

I'm always down for some friendly runs if permitted. Ill run anything win or lose lol
Yeah spread the word if you can, thanks. More cars the better!

Same with me, I race everything even if I know I'm going to get smoked
A camry already challenged me to a rematch, so after I hopefully take him out again you're next

jk I'm stock
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah spread the word if you can, thanks. More cars the better!

Same with me, I race everything even if I know I'm going to get smoked
A camry already challenged me to a rematch, so after I hopefully take him out again you're next

jk I'm stock
Ill run the vette, might be bad for you as I might be lighter and have a tune and bolt-ons lol stock 2.xx gears tho Need to put the 3.42 rear in I have.

But you still have a vette, your the real winner in my book at the end of the race.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Ill run the vette, might be bad for you as I might be lighter and have a tune and bolt-ons lol stock 2.xx gears tho Need to put the 3.42 rear in I have.

But you still have a vette, your the real winner in my book at the end of the race.
That's alright, I don't mind losing. The TT 300zx might be a good race for you, he's making over 300rwhp at 16 psi.... at least he should be; his car has a lot of problems.

Put all those bolt-ons on a vette!

There should be a lot of cars at Auburn that will be good races for us, I can't wait!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's alright, I don't mind losing. The TT 300zx might be a good race for you, he's making over 300rwhp at 16 psi.... at least he should be; his car has a lot of problems.
I might be in trouble vs that on a roll with my less the adequate gearing unless i have a huge weight advantage. Id say I'm high 2xxwhp at best. Never got around to dyno-ing it lol
Old 12-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Teching In

I might be in trouble vs that on a roll with my less the adequate gearing unless i have a huge weight advantage. Id say I'm high 2xxwhp at best. Never got around to dyno-ing it lol
Unfortunately all races will probably be rolls because we'll be on the highway to the whole time. My car stock makes around 265rwhp and my weight tomorrow will be like 3600 due to passenger and full tank of gas. But I'm a 6-speed with 3.42's, our race might be pretty close, unless your car is stripped
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

unless your car is stripped
have plans to make it even lighter this winter. 99% of people hate on my car, my self included. If it comes out it stays out, had to put atleast two seats back in and a radio cause I DD it

My car really is an abomination currently, I have 275 zr1s on the rear and stock rims up front. Been fighting alignment and steering issues and never got around to getting front rims, still have a weird twitch at times on uneven road surfaces. Think a new rack will fix it. Oh and the large bump in the stock hood to clear the ls1lid....bfh mod
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Teching In

have plans to make it even lighter this winter. 99% of people hate on my car, my self included. If it comes out it stays out, had to put atleast two seats back in and a radio cause I DD it

My car really is an abomination currently, I have 275 zr1s on the rear and stock rims up front. Been fighting alignment and steering issues and never got around to getting front rims, still have a weird twitch at times on uneven road surfaces. Think a new rack will fix it. Oh and the large bump in the stock hood to clear the ls1lid....bfh mod
I LOVE when people strip their cars, I would never do but I really like to see someone be hardcore with their daily driver

The alignment place couldn't fix your problem?

You remind me of a kid that will be there with his fully stripped supercharged Toyota Solara. Literally has nothing in it but a driver's seat last time I saw it.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I LOVE when people strip their cars, I would never do but I really like to see someone be hardcore with their daily driver
hardcore

Its been aligned, 2 times this year? it started doing it and I needed and alignment, got one and didn't fix it.

Replaced front bushings and balljoints which was fail, should have just gone tubular but didnt do my homework. Would have cost me about the same. still fubar.

Only thing left thats not new is the rack and steering shaft. Gonna do ls1 shaft and I need to drive manual rack car and see if I could stand it to DD it. if not ill have to try and find a low mileage one.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm in . Sounds like a good time for a good cause.

Zack
Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Teching In

hardcore

Its been aligned, 2 times this year? it started doing it and I needed and alignment, got one and didn't fix it.

Replaced front bushings and balljoints which was fail, should have just gone tubular but didnt do my homework. Would have cost me about the same. still fubar.

Only thing left thats not new is the rack and steering shaft. Gonna do ls1 shaft and I need to drive manual rack car and see if I could stand it to DD it. if not ill have to try and find a low mileage one.
Yeah idk if having a manual rack would be too much fun in a DD, depends how much city driving you do
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah idk if having a manual rack would be too much fun in a DD, depends how much city driving you do
Alot lol I dont think it would work but worth a try, what is DD to one isnt DD to another lol
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Regular

It's like an LT1 love thread
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 PM

I'm ready to show off my excellent top end performance. Beware once I'm in 4th....

Quick Reply: Cruise - Dec. 15, for a good cause