Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help asap

Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap

So i have just finished putting my 1995 v6 drivetrain in the donor 1993 Z28. I have completely swapped over everything ECU engine harness etc. Now i have to figure out how to wire up my 4l60E in a car with a dash harness that was originally designed for a 700r4.

Can someone please help me i am so close to finishing. i would just swap the dash harness however the donor car had power mirrors and windows which i do not want. Thanks ahead of time will be on checking for responses! Blake
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

please, anyone?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM

Received 385 Likes on 294 Posts

Does the swapped engine harness have a connector for the 4l60E? If not, where do the 13 4l60E wires go on the swapped harness?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrvedit
Does the swapped engine harness have a connector for the 4l60E? If not, where do the 13 4l60E wires go on the swapped harness?
Exactly!! If the car you put the trans in has a pcm that was meant for a 4L60 rather than a 4L60E then it is not going to have any of the outputs that the trans needs. If you swapped in the proper pcm then the wiring is not going to be correct. I assume you were aware of this going into the project?? What exactly are you trying to do and where are you stuck?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

I swapped the entire drive train from my 95 3.4 camaro.
I also swapped the engine harness from that car in to the donor car so everything is as it should be except for the dash harness. i may be completely confused and missing something here. where do all the wires from the shifter go? do they just plug on? and i honestly can not remember if i pulled a connector off the transmission it self, if so that is what i am missing and i am an idiot and it will just plug right back in. i am sorry guys, i have just gotten so confused at this point.

So basically the correct matching engine harness to the transmission is in the car, is there a connector i forgot about unplugging that would just plug back in and im good to go?

I hope thats true and ive just been a dumbass the last couple days, and if so what about the wiring connected to the shifter in the car. the donor car was an m6. is there anything i have to do there?

I am sorry if im frustrating you guys im just so confused at this point just be patient with me and thank you for your help and patience ahead of time
Old 12-12-2012, 04:34 PM

Received 385 Likes on 294 Posts

If your swapped harness has the 4l60E trans connector, you are 90% of the way there.
Yes, you also need some wiring to the shifter; IIRC the PCM only needs two wires for that indicating Park/Neutral and Reverse. However, I don't the specifics of a '95 PCM and a '93 Camaro.

I'm confused by your use of "donor"; this generally refers to where the engine/parts came from, not where they are going. You seem to have it reversed, at least in the first post.

More confusion - you first say the recipient car has a dash wiring for a 700R4; then you say the "donor" car was an M6. You need a shifter for an automatic and the shifter will have electrical switches for the Park/Neutral and Reverse signals to the PCM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blake956er
I swapped the entire drive train from my 95 3.4 camaro.
I also swapped the engine harness from that car in to the donor car so everything is as it should be except for the dash harness. i may be completely confused and missing something here. where do all the wires from the shifter go? do they just plug on? and i honestly can not remember if i pulled a connector off the transmission it self, if so that is what i am missing and i am an idiot and it will just plug right back in. i am sorry guys, i have just gotten so confused at this point.

So basically the correct matching engine harness to the transmission is in the car, is there a connector i forgot about unplugging that would just plug back in and im good to go?

I hope thats true and ive just been a dumbass the last couple days, and if so what about the wiring connected to the shifter in the car. the donor car was an m6. is there anything i have to do there?

I am sorry if im frustrating you guys im just so confused at this point just be patient with me and thank you for your help and patience ahead of time
Apparently I need to read the original post a bit better.. Lol!!! Im afraid I am not familiar enough with f body harnesses to be any help at all.. Stand back take a deep breath and look at everything. The answer may be right there looking at you. Do you have the wiring diagrams for the circuits in question for both cars??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help asap