Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy... sorta...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy... sorta...

Just thought I would stop by and say hey finally... I have been on the site for probably almost a year now, w/o really posting much, just reading. Non-LS1 owner, but still love the site.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:07 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.

Time to find a LS1 to add to the 3rd gen!

I miss my IROC, so I've gotta find another
Old 04-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Launching!

I really considered the LS1 swap, but in helping out a buddy w/ a RS do his swap, I really decided against it. Ton of headache. Love the LS1 though, but for what I am workign w/ budget wise, I am just gonna stick w/ Gen 1 for now... The LS1 car comes soon though... oh yes soon...
Old 04-14-2004, 04:25 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Well, I didn't really mean put a LS1 into your car, just buy a LS1 car and have both. Buy hey...
Old 04-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Launching!

LoL... Gotcha now. I am working on that, but it will be a while it seems. Luckily I know a good bit about them from working several buddies cars, and also hanging around a an awesome shop called TEA all the time!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 07:35 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Off topic... Why are you going with the LT1 intake and not a short ram, super ram, or stealth ram? Are you leaving it mass air, or are you converting it to speed density?
Old 04-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Reason for LT1 is that a good buddy of mine just pulled his off and went miniram cause he could finally afford it on his 383. So I am getting the entire LT1 setup basically ready to bolt on for a steal. I looked at the Stealth Ram, but hood line clearance w/ the Firebirds is a major concern w/ those unless you have an aftermarket hooke like the RAII, which is out of my budget right now. SuperRam isn't really an intake I looked at after picking my cam. The cam and heads will really react well w/ a short runner setup more like a MR, Stealth Ram, or LT1 intake...

Staying w/ MAF for now. Probably not long though. There are a couple of factors that will determine the next move there. Couple guys are working on trying to get a LS1 maf to work using a transfer type box that would converter the frequency reading from a LS1 MAF to a voltage type like the TPI stuff. If that works, then staying MAF will be my choice w/ a LS1 MAF. If not then the SD swap is in order. I just think that 2.5" MAF will choke the hell out of the setup.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:49 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Cool. Interesting to read up on good 3rd gen projects rather than some kid just dreaming about taking the TPI off and throwing on a carb.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Launching!

LoL... I may still be a young punk at 21, but old enough to know that EFI is the shiznit!!! Some of those guys just don't take the time to look at it all, read deep into some info, and spend many a hour just reading and gathering general tech info about motors, let alone hardcore tech. That is all I have done for 2 years on both Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 SBC stuff... I can't help it, its an addiction!!!

I got several avenues to look at, and if the LT1 doesn't work right, then its time to try something else. Its an ongoing project, but aren't they all!!!???
Old 04-16-2004, 05:32 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I'm 21 myself... and i'm more than happy with my fuel injection.