LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fuel pressure issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 02:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel pressure issues

For some reason my fuel pressure is low, I believe its the reason for the backfiring thru the intake, stumbles, and LOW power. It hangs out around 39-40 psi, and 41 with vacuum off. I have racetronix #32's and racetronix pump. I have a stock regulator. I just put a new filter and the hotwire kit on for the pump today and still no changes. When I give it gas, just easing into it the pressure goes down. I was watching some of the sensor activity on the scanmaster and the map sensor goes down as well when you give it gas. Is that normal map function?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHat racetronix fp do you have?

Did this happen after any certain upgrade?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 255 pump. Yeah after the heads,cam, and intake upgrade lol. It's been acting up for a while now. I had an adjustable regulator and stock pump and for some reason when I would adjust the pressure wouldn't move anymore so I swapped fuel rails, New O'Reilly regulator, and the racetronix pump. Back when I first put the h,c,I on it had plenty of power. I got on it one night n something happened and it stumbled and it ain't ran right since. And thats been a few years ago
Old 12-16-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Under throttle how low does the fuel pressure go?

As you open the throttle MAP pressure goes down so what you're seeing there is normal.

Quick Reply: fuel pressure issues