Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans
Old 05-10-2016, 02:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

94 Z28 LT1 Power Window Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Z28 LT1 Power Window Not Working

I am just the mom, trying to fix a car I gave my son...

Power window does not go up and down.
From the drivers side, if you roll the passenger window down it is very slow, and you have to stop it half way or you cannot get it back up. If you use the switch on the passenger side, the same thing happens.

On the drivers side, if you press the button to roll down the drivers window it goes down about an inch...and then wait, and another inch, and wait an another inch...comes up the same way.

So, I replaced the switch on the drivers side. No change.
replaced the fuse, no change.
The motor was replaced on the drivers side about 2 years ago.
Took the drivers panel off to get at the motor with the intent to test the motor where I can see it...drop the motor, hook up the switch and see if the motor runs... this would narrow it back down to the regulator....

Here's the problem, i removed the screw that held the motor to the door (rivets were drilled out on the replacement 2 years ago.) and the motor won't drop out like shown in all the videos on youtube.

I figure its got to be connected to the regulator somehow/somewhere...

how do I get the motor out of the door?

any advise is extremely grateful...this is not a complicated job, but something is a secret I am not seeing.

thanks,
Mom

=============================================

"It'll be a classic when you give me a high school diploma and I give you the title"
Old 12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The motor and the regulator are bolted together then to the door. They'd have to come out together I'm pretty sure. You could try doing a 12v test on the wires going to the switch, too.

Quick Reply: 94 Z28 LT1 Power Window Not Working