Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Jake

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank You Jake

I live on the island of Trinidad in the Southern Caribbean and I searched the internet for a way to install a 4l80 in my 1981 Monte Carlo with a BB 454. I came across this site and saw all the rave reviews for Jakes Performance.

We were hoping to change out from the TH400 which was a too hard on the engine on the highway. It's a street car toy. I bought a used 4l80 in Miami and wanted to refresh it before the install and could not afford the computer.

I decided to go with Jakes and bought a kit and black box to convert to a full manual set up.

This was a DIY project and the first time my mechanic and myself had attempted this. We were familiar with TH400 and TH 350 and Power Glides.

Jake was extremely helpful, patient and supportive through this process and despite some missteps on our end he was amusingly patient even when we royally screwed up.

SO--I am posting this to publicly thank Jake and Mike for their support and understanding and to let them know that I have done some shakedowns on the tranny and it runs oh so sweet.

Thank You Very Much

Lennox
Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ha ha

Thank you Lennox,
We try to be as helpful as possible, no matter how trying the situation may be. We work hard at what we doand Jake has worked so many long hours trying to build and maintain his reputation.

I am glad that you are finally on the road and having fun. If you ever need anything do not hesitate to call or email.

Mike

Quick Reply: Thank You Jake