Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American autowire harness and fuel pump power for LS1 engine??

Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default American autowire harness and fuel pump power for LS1 engine??

Ok, I have a AAW "update" harness going in my 1971 Camaro. I'm looking over the needed connections and I noticed that it has a fuse and wiring labeled "Fuel"

It looks to be ignitioned switched as well, my question is would this be enough to power my fuel pump?

I have already modified my LS harness for a fuel pump power with relay getting the signal from the PCM.

For the sake of cleaning things up since none of this is installed yet....would bypassing the PCM fuel pump trigger and letting my AAW harness supply power to pump work? I wouldn't mind getting rid of the underhood relay and clean the wiring up a bit.

I mean AAW wouldn't have built this into the harness for nothing??

Thanks again
Old 12-22-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

My guess is that the AAW harness has that fused wire for someone running an electric fuel pump on a carb'd motor. I would keep the PCM controlled fuel pump if it were mine, as it's the correct way to do it.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You need to use the PCM fuel pump trigger to turn the relay on/off and a separate fused circuit that supplies the +12v to operate the pump, which you can use the fuel circuit in AAW fuse block, just make sure you put the correct size fuse in it.

The AAW update harness was built put the fuel circuit and other circuits, in as a convenient way to supply fused power.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American autowire harness and fuel pump power for LS1 engine??