Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about tcc on conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 02:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about tcc on conversion

I plan on trying to modify my own truck harness but I have a few questions while I still have the donor truck till tomorrow. I have done a search for where the tcc switch is located but I keep coming up with the one in the transmission. I know that this can't be right. I have seen the picture of the part, and I thought the switch was behind the brake pedal? The one on the truck I'm using looks nothing like it. Will this be something that I need to purchase for the conversion?
The other question I have is will I need the fuse box from the engine compartment if I plan to do a stand alone. This is an 06 chevy hd truck it has drive by wire which I have kept along with the pedal, box and harness. I will be running the 4l80e also have the harness. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A long shot that this will be any help but.....on our 89 S10, there are 2 switches behind the brake pedal and one of those is for TCC. I think that there are 3 functions handled by the 2 switches....brake lights, TCC, and "kill" for the cruise. One switch is normally open and the other is normally closed.
Good luck!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

You could possibly use the truck brake light switch, but they are harder to mount... but it depends on what you're putting it in. Older cars its usually easier to use a switch from an older gm car with cruise, the one with both normally open and normally closed contacts.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah the one In the truck looks like it woul be way to hard to mount when I could buy a 20 dollar switch and it would go right in the factory place. This will be going in a 71 chevelle.
Also I would like to run cruise control but the truck didn't come factory is there a harness that I can make this work? I'll do a search as well.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

You will have to add the wires for cruise to the TAC module if they're not there, and then you may have to enable it in the tune. I've never had one that didn't come from the factory with cruise, but If I remember right, I seem to recall there being an enable/disable function for cruise control in HPTuners. I'm not a tuner, so don't hold me to that. Also, you'll need a switch that has 4 wires, 3 will go to the TAC and the other will be iginition power. If you get an aftermarket switch, like a Dakota Digital, they won't work without relays to reverse the position of the switches. But if you want one that will wire up with just the 4 wires, I have some that I've converted and will bolt directly to your Chevelle column. I also have brake light switches that I'd throw in with the deal if you want. PM me if you're interested.
Attached Thumbnails Question about tcc on conversion-2012-07-20_18-01-46_909.jpg  
Old 12-23-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great info. Pm'ed you.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

LS1nova71,
Very informative. TYVM

Quick Reply: Question about tcc on conversion