Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Camaro Z28 Street/Strip

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1999 Camaro Z28 Street/Strip

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $8000
Mileage: 1
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NJ
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Below is my ad from craigslist. My parents got divorced two years ago and they just sold the house so I have nowhere to store the car and with 18 months left until I graduate college, worrying about the car is just added stress. This was my first car and I've spent countless manhours working on it to make it the car it is today.

------------------

Up for sale is my 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28/ SS clone. I purchased the car 5 years ago completely stock and have done every modification to the car listed below. It has been garage kept it's entire life and received synthetic oil at every oil change. I built the car to be the ultimate street/strip weekend car. The car put down 405 rwhp, and 380 rwtq on a dyno through a ford 9 inch rear end. With the 6 speed manual transmission the car still gets 24 mpg on the highway. I took the car to Atco and it has run a best of 11.84@ 118.5 mph. The car will run every bit of 11.5X's in the 1/4 mile with the right driver. The car does need some work. The synchros in the transmission need to be replaced because it will occasionally grind gears when going into 3rd and 4th gear. Also, the car does have an oil leak that is only present when you are hard on it. With the right person, this car can be put back to 100 percent for under $1000. The best part about the car is that it still passes NJ state inspection. The leather interior is in amazing shape for the age of the car. Exterior of the car is pristine for the age as well. The chassis has 180k on it but every major component on the car has been replaced besides the transmission. Below is a list of all the modifications done to the car:

Engine
Out of a 2002 Camaro
LS6 Heads
TSP 232/234 .595/.595 112LSA
Comp Cam 918 Springs
TSP Hardened Pushrods
TSP ported and polished LS6 oil pump
LS2 timing chain
LS7 Lifters
(Motor has 83K on it, top end has ~1K on it)
Hooker stainless steel headers
TSP catted Y-pipe
Magnaflow Catback

Drivetrain
Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder
LS6 Slave cylinder
Monster stage 3 clutch and flywheel(~1000 miles)
custom 3.5in driveshaft
Moser 9in(4.11's tru-trac posi)(~10k miles)
Hurst Billet plus shifter

Suspension
UMI Subframe connectors
UMI sway bar relocation brackets
LCA relocation brackets
UMI LCA's
BMR adjustable TQ Arm
Summit Racing Drag Shocks

Misc
Raptor Shift light
SLP Line Lock
White face gauges
QTP Electric exhaust cutout
Kenwood in-dash DVD player(3.5inch screen)
Upgraded speakers
1 10inch Infinity Sub
5% Tint on all windows(not picture)

I have put together this ad to describe the car as best as possible and to answer any questions a possible buyer would have. If interested, please contact me at 732-six8four-two2one2 or send me a PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Price is OBO
Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 AM
DMW
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ??? Oil Leak

Where is the oil leak coming from? what is the fix? the tranny will cost more than $1000 to repair...wouldn't make sense to go into it and not do upgrades and put it back stock with the other build up you have.

Your thoughts about the leak....
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DMW
Where is the oil leak coming from? what is the fix? the tranny will cost more than $1000 to repair...wouldn't make sense to go into it and not do upgrades and put it back stock with the other build up you have.

Your thoughts about the leak....
The oil leak is somewhat of a mystery to me since it only happens whenever you put a lot of load on the motor. It's coming from the passenger side and could be something as simple as the little rubber grommet at the end of the dipstick tube. I've pulled the trans after I noticed the leak and it's not the rear main seal. I even lowered the oil pan as much as I could with the motor in the car and put a bead of RTV all around the oil pan and it still leaks. Without a lift it's hard to tell. I'd bet if you take it for a ride, beat on the car a little bit, and drove it onto a lift you'd find the leak.

As for the trans, with 400 rwhp, I agree that the trans should get upgraded parts. I have a lot of money into the car and realize the issues it has limits the amount of buyers interested in the car but with my current situation I just don't have the time to fix the car before it looses it's storage place so I'm willing to work on what I'd consider a fair deal for both the buyer and the seller.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

I've been quite a few requests for interior pics and stopped by the house tonight to snap a couple of new pics. I won't be able to get any daylight pictures until the weekend. Here is a link to the album from tonight and there is a cold start-up video as well as a walk around video in the album.

http://s168.beta.photobucket.com/use...o%20for%20Sale
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Car is sold

Quick Reply: 1999 Camaro Z28 Street/Strip