Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keeaudio lvl 1 package- 289$ comparison

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 01:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Keeaudio lvl 1 package- 289$ comparison

http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html

I'm staying with the stock head unit 100% as well as the amp.

Would this setup compare to say a newer model car? 04 CTSV, 04-06 GTO, newer Altimas, etc... I'm not looking for some mind blowing but I would like it to at least be comparable to newer cars audio standards. That would satisfy me 100%. I *might add a 8" sub in a stealth box later, but if these are comparable to what I listed ^^^ I probably won't.

One front is blown, other is on the way out.. The "bass" on the rears are a joke... The hatch doesn't even have speakers. ANYTHING will be an upgrade but I would like to get something decent.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html

I'm staying with the stock head unit 100% as well as the amp.

Would this setup compare to say a newer model car? 04 CTSV, 04-06 GTO, newer Altimas, etc... I'm not looking for some mind blowing but I would like it to at least be comparable to newer cars audio standards. That would satisfy me 100%. I *might add a 8" sub in a stealth box later, but if these are comparable to what I listed ^^^ I probably won't.

One front is blown, other is on the way out.. The "bass" on the rears are a joke... The hatch doesn't even have speakers. ANYTHING will be an upgrade but I would like to get something decent.
I just installed the Level 3 T/A package using the monsoon HU. I am loving the difference so far but that isn't really saying much considering when I went to replace them I found every harness cut except the door speakers. No wonder it sounded so horrible before. I do plan on adding an aftermarket HU in the next year or so. Maybe even go all out with the subthump after that. But I will say that the CDT components that went into the door to replace the stock units do sound much cleaner.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Would you put it on par with the "new standard" for car audio?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure about how the level 1 will sound compared to current standards, I ordered the Level 2 package and will be installing it in a couple days hopefully, although I also threw in a JVC headunit. I would think that the level 1 would give comparable quality to relatively new vehicles if not brand new, of course it has a lot to do with the head unit, number of speakers, and location. People say just replacing the factory head unit and retaining stock speakers provides a difference, look to upgrade the head unit if you aren't happy with the level 1 package and that should make the difference for you. Ian lowered his price of the JVC unit he recommended to me to $110 as part of my package, I think it runs about $120 - $130 normally.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the level one and I wish I had spent a little more money... I planned on keeping the factory head unit but the display went out and the cd changer took a crap. I'm still not happy with the sound even after upgrading the head unit. I know it probably isn't fair to compare the car to my truck but my 2008 dodge ram with factory infinity blows it out of the water.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think no matter which one of the package' s you get, it's not going to sound as good as it canwith the stock head unit and amp.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
Would you put it on par with the "new standard" for car audio?
Not really sure what the "new standard" is for cars since audio quality has always varied with the quality of the vehicle itself. I stopped wasting my money on buying new vehicles several years back. The last one I purchased was an '05 Hemi Durango SLT which had an ok system in it, nothing great but after I got rid of that I went to an '03 Acura TL Type S which even though it was an older car had a better sound system in it.

I believe it will all be subjective to the particular vehicle line and the higher quality of the vehicle, the chances of it having a better thought out and sounding audio system go up. But with that said, the Level 3 T/A system I put in recently using the monsoon HU is sounding just as good or better than any other car I have owned with factory speakers. This is without the hatch speakers being functional at this time. I also believe that when I upgrade the HU and amp that this will only bring out even more in what is currently there.

I hope this was able to better answer your question.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98z8uup
I don't think no matter which one of the package' s you get, it's not going to sound as good as it canwith the stock head unit and amp.
I understand that, it is a trade off I am willing to take.
Originally Posted by Decadence75
Not really sure what the "new standard" is for cars since audio quality has always varied with the quality of the vehicle itself. I stopped wasting my money on buying new vehicles several years back. The last one I purchased was an '05 Hemi Durango SLT which had an ok system in it, nothing great but after I got rid of that I went to an '03 Acura TL Type S which even though it was an older car had a better sound system in it.

I believe it will all be subjective to the particular vehicle line and the higher quality of the vehicle, the chances of it having a better thought out and sounding audio system go up. But with that said, the Level 3 T/A system I put in recently using the monsoon HU is sounding just as good or better than any other car I have owned with factory speakers. This is without the hatch speakers being functional at this time. I also believe that when I upgrade the HU and amp that this will only bring out even more in what is currently there.

I hope this was able to better answer your question.
I listed a couple of the cars that I would be happy if my audio quality matched.

UPDATE and questions:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...-speakers.html

I am actually extremely pleased with the Pioneer speakers for their 40$ price tag.

Quick Reply: Keeaudio lvl 1 package- 289$ comparison