PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NGK AFX, HPTUNERS, WIRES install

Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NGK AFX, HPTUNERS, WIRES install

Alright so a few weeks ago bought hptuners and an ls6 intake. Installed the intake, and began learning hptuners with what I had.

The other day got my long tube headers put on, and just got a ngk afx wideband.

Now I'm trying to figure out everything on how to install it before I even try....since it just started snowing, I dont want to have to mess around to much because its to dang cold out. (dont worry...not driving it in the snow, just figure good time to get it hooked up)

1. With the double black wire and the single white wire, those are the ground and power for the sensor correct?

2. I should be able to ground it to the body of the car, and power it from a rear o2 sensor connector correct?....or should I extend and run the ground to the battery terminal, and the extend the power into fuse box area and run it into the ignition?

3. EDIT: Dee Ta Dee question removed..

4. Biggest one of them all, where do I route the wires into the interior of the car?

I have been doing some looking around and trying to find answers, but I wanted to throw these out here to see if I can find someone that will be able to answer all of them in one place....would help me out tremendously and would help future people in finding all their answers in one place. Seems to me all I can find so far is where people half way explain what they did or say they will take pictures and post them up the next day...but never do.

Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited by JLoosh; 12-24-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Download the manual here...........

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/pdf/afx...ual_rev_06.pdf

Red is power. Both power and ground should go to the battery.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Download the manual here...........

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/pdf/afx...ual_rev_06.pdf

Red is power. Both power and ground should go to the battery.
I've got alot of it figured out now, but the big thing is I need to figure out where to route the wires to get up to the battery and then where to get the wires inside of the car.

Dont feel like cutting it up or drilling holes if I dont have to. Not sure if there is an existing access to get the wires in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NGK AFX, HPTUNERS, WIRES install