Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifter catching on oil galley???

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifter catching on oil galley???

Hey guys, so ive got my ls1 out of my z and freshening it up a bit. I put the new top end on and turned it over just to make sure everything was working properly and noticed a slight ticking sound. Turned it over several times and kept getting the same sound. I tore the top end off the one side it was coming from trying to figure it out, I found what i believe was causing the issue. It seemed the that there was a slight edge on the lifter that was catching the edge of the oil galley as it was sliding past it. It was only one lifter. It was too late so i havent gotten a chance to swap the lifter over to another lifter bore. But has anyone ever had this issue? This may be an idiotic thought, if so please let me know, but would it be an option to file down the edge of the two edges of the lifters that actually pass through the oil galley to hopefully eliminate the catching? These are stock ls7 lifters that were swapped in. Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can definitely deburr the edges. Sometimes there are burrs where the axle is pressed into the lifter. Before you do anything its worth making sure the bore isnt the pary with the burr.

Good luck.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, yeah, I didnt think it would be an issue at all. Good point on the rollers, Ill be checking those out tomorrow

Quick Reply: Lifter catching on oil galley???