LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP! High Idle!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! High Idle!

Hey guys, I've got a 95 m6 Z28 w/ K&N intake, Borla Exhaust, SLP Headers, and Small misc SLP items. As in houston, winter came in a little late, during the First Cold front I started my car up and it had immediately jumped to around 1500rpm and it just holds there. I'll Rev it up and it will still go back to 1500rpm - 1700rpm. After awhile It will go down to normal idle of about 850 - 900. My temp Gauge is also sitting at 160 degrees, Its probably lower but of course the gauge can't go lower. At first I thought it might just be because it was cold but I don't think the warm-up RPM is that high. If it this then no sweat right? It just kind of concerns me.

P.S. This did not happen during the hotter months. Although it did do it once before in November, when it was around 60 degrees outside
Old 12-26-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

maybe your ect
Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 PM

You think so? Yea I guess that would make sense. If it's reading as cold it's going to try and warm it up, but would it go that high in RPM? I also did note the fact that when I drove about half a mile my engine was still completely cold. So maybe its not the Sensor? Idk I'll check out the sensor though, They are pretty cheap

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! High Idle!