Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*VID* turbo 5.3 3rd gen, G8 GT, 347 stroker 95 cobra, saleen S281, and more

Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default *VID* turbo 5.3 3rd gen, G8 GT, 347 stroker 95 cobra, saleen S281, and more

Just finished my latest roll racing vid. Thoughts and comments welcome. Car mods are listed in vid as well.

By the way, some of you remember the red 95 cobra with the built 347 from the last vid getting his clock cleaned by my brother's GTO...he makes another appearance in this vid with the car back where it should be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpFYG...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Great video man, all awesome cars, even the Regal! I have to make the drive from Worcester one of these days and join the fun, but I'm not sure if there's anyone slow enough for me

Your TA is sweet, can you run more than 11 psi on it?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome video man!! Good runs/footage and great editing!

Whats up with the 5 psi on the T/A? Is that what it made 568rwhp on? You need to turn that hoe up!! Its got a lot of potential... Awesome build on it.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92Vette
Great video man, all awesome cars, even the Regal! I have to make the drive from Worcester one of these days and join the fun, but I'm not sure if there's anyone slow enough for me

Your TA is sweet, can you run more than 11 psi on it?
Thanks man! I could probably get away with 13ish PSI on pump gas, but I didn't want to blow it up the first summer I had it on the road lol. I plan on adding a few more pounds of boost next summer and seeing what it'll do. And I'm sure we could find somebody for you to run!

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Awesome video man!! Good runs/footage and great editing!

Whats up with the 5 psi on the T/A? Is that what it made 568rwhp on? You need to turn that hoe up!! Its got a lot of potential... Awesome build on it.
The 5 PSI was when I first got the car on the road. It was a crappy base tune that had no timing. It made 400 rwhp as it sat like that with 5 psi. The 563 rwhp was at 11 PSI. And thanks for the good words!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Regal by a... ohh...

Does your brother have any future plans with that 3rd gen?

Poor Mustang, H/C and barely outrunning GTO

Here is a vid of my buddy's budget LQ4 w/ the on3 76mm build I told you about

Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Thanks man! I could probably get away with 13ish PSI on pump gas, but I didn't want to blow it up the first summer I had it on the road lol. I plan on adding a few more pounds of boost next summer and seeing what it'll do. And I'm sure we could find somebody for you to run!
Do you have meth injection? I'm not a boost expert by any means but can't you run more boost with meth?
I'm stock, let me know if there are any 13.5-14 sec cars around!

Last edited by 92Vette; 12-30-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Teching In

^^Badass camaro! I do have future plans for my third gen, but as everything, time and money. This past summer was the first that I got it on the road after the 5.3 swap, so I was just happy to drive it. It essentially had a stock tune in it, and was never retuned after the Z06 cam because I planned to do more. At this point I'm leaning towards a H/C LQ4, but time will tell.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Nice runs and video!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by QuickShift
^^Badass camaro! I do have future plans for my third gen, but as everything, time and money. This past summer was the first that I got it on the road after the 5.3 swap, so I was just happy to drive it. It essentially had a stock tune in it, and was never retuned after the Z06 cam because I planned to do more. At this point I'm leaning towards a H/C LQ4, but time will tell.
That would make for a fun car regardless

But yeah, friend is very happy with his setup. At first he was very reluctant to do a turbo build and just wanted to do a cam/spray LQ4. He ended up getting a few good strokes of luck in the used parts market and decided to pull the trigger
Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Regal by a... ohh...

Does your brother have any future plans with that 3rd gen?

Poor Mustang, H/C and barely outrunning GTO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovHWR2Xzkq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epka37stN9k
Did we watch different videos? O_o
Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, good numbers! Off the top of your head, do you know what compression he's running? And is the 14 PSI on pump gas only, or does he have meth or high octane gas?

Originally Posted by 92Vette
Do you have meth injection? I'm not a boost expert by any means but can't you run more boost with meth?
I'm stock, let me know if there are any 13.5-14 sec cars around!
I don't have meth injection, and my tuner hates it. I'd love to make good power on pump gas only, but there is a price to pay if you get a bad batch of gas! Technically yes, you can run more boost on meth...but meth systems can have problems of their own too.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome video RJ. Shoot me a text next time before making one, ive got loads of video footage from this season i could let you use. Im just too lazy lately to make my own. Cant wait till spring time man, maybe if we get some good mid winter weather we can all meet up. Hows the TA doing?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by evangto87
awesome video RJ. Shoot me a text next time before making one, ive got loads of video footage from this season i could let you use. Im just too lazy lately to make my own. Cant wait till spring time man, maybe if we get some good mid winter weather we can all meet up. Hows the TA doing?
Damn man, I could always use more video footage lol. Too bad I didn't know before hand! I'll keep you in mind next time. And I honestly can't stop going out into the garage and looking at my car, just thinking about driving it next spring. The whole piston fiasco really fucked me over for getting a lot of good driving time in. It's doing great though. With the current tune, I've been hammering the living **** out of it (before the shitty weather) and it has been flawless. I may add a few more PSI next spring and leave the timing low to squeeze more power out. We'll see....I'm sure it's still making about 500 rwhp as is, even with the low timing.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hear ya... i do the same thing. Go out into the garage and wax it for no apparent reason. Only time i drive it, is to and from the shop to install new parts. Next season is going to be a fun one. I look forward to seeing that thing race some fast cars. That and quickshifts GTO.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black01Bird
Did we watch different videos? O_o
May not have had the volume up all the way, but it looked like the GTO let off shortly after the Mustang pulled around him.
Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Damn, good numbers! Off the top of your head, do you know what compression he's running? And is the 14 PSI on pump gas only, or does he have meth or high octane gas?
Not sure off the top off my head. I will ask him and get back to you. He is on E85
Old 12-30-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

what did the cobra make for power?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Teching In

May not have had the volume up all the way, but it looked like the GTO let off shortly after the Mustang pulled around him.
That's correct. I was nearing the top of 4th, so let out. He was about 1.5 cars ahead at that point. Both of our cars trapped 91mph in the 1/8th, but his trapped 117 in the quarter to my 114. Race went down exactly how I pictured.

what did the cobra make for power?
Made 401 on Dez racings dynojet I believe.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's correct. I was nearing the top of 4th, so let out. He was about 1.5 cars ahead at that point. Both of our cars trapped 91mph in the 1/8th, but his trapped 117 in the quarter to my 114. Race went down exactly how I pictured.

Made 401 on Dez racings dynojet I believe.
Thats decent power. Same place i dyno mine. Hes a good guy. Very consistant numbers over there. Whats that car weigh? Gear? Specs?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Thats decent power. Same place i dyno mine. Hes a good guy. Very consistant numbers over there. Whats that car weigh? Gear? Specs?
Yea, the car runs well. Went 11.9 @ 117 on slicks. Not sure on weight, but he does have a full tubular setup (k member, a arms, coilovers). I'm no mustang pro, but it's got to be in the 3300lb range. Pretty sure it has 3.73s too. Don't know exact motor specs, but it's a fully built 347. Trick flow aluminum heads, higher lift rockers...etc.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, the car runs well. Went 11.9 @ 117 on slicks. Not sure on weight, but he does have a full tubular setup (k member, a arms, coilovers). I'm no mustang pro, but it's got to be in the 3300lb range. Pretty sure it has 3.73s too. Don't know exact motor specs, but it's a fully built 347. Trick flow aluminum heads, higher lift rockers...etc.
If i had to guess the car weighs in the 3200 range before driver. Despite the power and weight disadvantage... you made a hell of a race out of it. Nice man! Got a few cars id like to see you race come spring time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *VID* turbo 5.3 3rd gen, G8 GT, 347 stroker 95 cobra, saleen S281, and more