Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help! No Tail lights, gauge, console or fog lights!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! No Tail lights, gauge, console or fog lights!

Hey everyone...I need help. As the title reads, I have no tail lights, gauge, console or fog lights (1999 Trans Am). I do have headlights, turn signals and brake lights. So far I have replaced the headlight switch and checked all of my fuses (none of which were blown) and these have not cured the problem. Any assistance of where to look next you could lend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

How did you check the fuses? Visual inspection or continuity test with multimeter? Best/Easiest way is to test with the "beep" setting/function on a multimeter.

The culprit is probably the TAIL LPS fuse in the panel on the driver's side of the dash.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fuses were visually inspected, tested with a multi-meter, and swapped with known god fuses. TAIL LPS was the first one checked and replaced and it did not cure the problem.

Any other suggestions?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The TAIL LPS fuse and the headlight switch are the only points where all the mentioned circuits come together. If the fuse really is good then you should check that it is getting power. Pull the fuse and use a test light or multimeter to test for battery voltage on the contacts in the fuse socket. Then replace the fuse and test for battery voltage on the orange wire at terminal H on the headlight switch. Then test for output power on the brown wire at terminal C with the switch in the Park or On position.

Quick Reply: Help! No Tail lights, gauge, console or fog lights!