Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio Speaker Help

Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Kee Audio Speaker Help

For Christmas I got some new door speakers for my 2002 Camaro. I received them from a family member and I just wanted to make sure I got the right ones before I started to worry. Here is a picture:

I dont have a convertible and the brochure says thats what they are for... I really just wanted door replacement speakers but it looks like this package came with tweeters also? I'm sure someone else on here has done this, any insight?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you have the model number for them?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Cl61cv.2
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I *think* you mean the speaker set itself is "convertible", meaning you can convert them to a co-axial mounted tweeter setup if necessary, which is what you will want for a Camaro.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did the kee audio premium speaker package a few months ago.
http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
your pic looks similar to what i got, don't remember the exact model number. The oem front door speakers which are down by your feet are component speakers and have tweeters in them which is why there are two pairs of wires to connect. With your new speaker, like i had to do with mine, is install the separate tweeter (little speaker) into the center of the big speaker. Then you have two pairs of wires to connect to the 2 pairs of factory wires in the door. On your oem speaker if you haven't already pulled it, will be a plastic disconnect plug which allows you to remove the speaker from the door. Cut the two pairs of wires off at the solder points from the speaker and transfer that wiring and plug over to the new speaker, then you can plug it back in to the factory plug in the door. hardest part was unscrewing the exiting plastic piece in the big speaker so i could then install the tweeter, was very hard to unscrew the center cone felt like i was going to break the speaker so be careful.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

I am installing the same speakers in a 99 vert TA. I think the tweeters and mid woofers are separate in the door panels of a TA. Did you guys use the crossover (Wraped in plastic, just to the left of the mid woofer, in the photo above) for the front speakers?
Old 06-07-2013, 04:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by man2004
I am installing the same speakers in a 99 vert TA. I think the tweeters and mid woofers are separate in the door panels of a TA. Did you guys use the crossover (Wraped in plastic, just to the left of the mid woofer, in the photo above) for the front speakers?
No, you can simply connect each tweeter and each midrange to its own channel of the monsoon amp therefore, it doesn't need the included crossover. If you upgrade to an aftermarket amp you'd want those crossovers tho (assuming you'd be running passive and not active, but that's another story)
Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Avaric3
No, you can simply connect each tweeter and each midrange to its own channel of the monsoon amp therefore, it doesn't need the included crossover. If you upgrade to an aftermarket amp you'd want those crossovers tho (assuming you'd be running passive and not active, but that's another story)
Excellent! Thank you! I'll give it a shot this weekend...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kee Audio Speaker Help