Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air pump pics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Air pump pics?

Does anyone have a photo of what the air pump looks like, i'm taking it off and wanted to make sure i'm removing the right thing...it kinda looks like there are two things right next to each other when i look from the top of the car. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=70

Hope that helps!
Old 04-15-2004, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brandon
yea i saw that already, i was lookin for an actual pic of the pump itself so i know what i'm supposed to be unscrewing. Thanks though.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Open the trap door from under the car and look for the pump. It has two hoses connected to it and one electrical connector. There are three bolts with rubber gromets holding it on.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dfarmercse
Open the trap door from under the car and look for the pump. It has two hoses connected to it and one electrical connector. There are three bolts with rubber gromets holding it on.
Trap door? Does this actually have liike a door hinge on it? Or is this the plastic valence under the car that i have to unbolt to get to it? That description helps a lot though, Thanks for the help.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
Trap door? Does this actually have liike a door hinge on it? Or is this the plastic valence under the car that i have to unbolt to get to it? That description helps a lot though, Thanks for the help.
Look at the huge plastic piece that is bolted under your front end. On each side, drivers and passengers, just below the fog lights, is a door. You will see cuts for it. There are two bolts that hold the doors shut. Take off the two bolts, swing the door down. This gives you access to the turn signals, fog lights, and the air pump on the drivers side. It is easier if you remove around 14 bolts and take the whole plastic thing off, IMO though.