Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring help please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring help please.

I got my harness repinned and placed in the car. I got all power connections hooked up. I don't like the way it's looking. I keep reading that the coil packs get a relay? I have 4 relays. 2 for my fans and 2 for my fuel pumps. I'm also using a 12 fuse, fuse box. I have all spots in fuse box used and from what im seeing most people dont have that many power wires hooked up? Can anyone supply a link for power hook ups? Im using the 1999 pin out diagram and the motor is a 6.0 LS1 intake and 4l60 trans in a 67 chevyII

Thanks
Stan
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as you have a fuse in the Coil circuit, you should be ok without a relay.

What I did was use a main relay for the 12v IGN Circuits (power is directly to the Battery and activiate by a normal 12Ign wire), then to a Aux Fuse box before going to the sensor or device.

I've attached a PDF file for my standalone wiring of what I did.

BC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Wiring - PCM - Fuse - Relay.pdf (104.4 KB, 1426 views)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!! That will work. I have my set the way you described but Im haveing trouble locating a spot for my keyed source to the relay that doesn't cut out when key is turned. But I'll get that figured out.

Again thanks!!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just used a DVM and traced one of the wires coming from the Settering column/Key to the fuse box, When I found one that stayed hot on both the Start and Run positions, I just tapped into it and used it to activate the IGN Relay. You should be able to find one.

Good Luck.. keep us posted.

BC

Quick Reply: Wiring help please.