Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Motor swap TT build - Intake manifold measurement Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Motor swap TT build - Intake manifold measurement Questions

Hey all. I'm currently doing a twin turbo 5.3 4l80e swap in my 3000gt. I currently set it up with an ls6 intake manifold but have been doing some research around and had a few questions regarding "carb style" intake mani's.

First off, this is not a power question. I am sure they are close enough that I won't really care.

My question is this, what are the measurements of these carb style intake mani's? If someone can give approx measurements of how tall the are with the elbow and how far back the elbow is, etc. that would be great.

I've got a uniquely shaped engine bay. The back and middle of my bay are VERY deep as you can see in the below picture. I have no problem believing that the carb styles will fit. However, up front the bay slopes down very quickly and I don't think even the ls6 intake mani will fit without hood modifications. Also, space in front of the engine is semi tight. Do you think I should do a carb style intake or just use what I have and try to make it work? I'd imagine if the highest point of the carb style fits then I could angle the tubing to have as much clearance as I wanted.

Kind of hard to describe. BAsically, space is limited up front but I have gobs of it middle and back.

Input? Thanks!

Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Maybe this would work well?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like you have tons of room in there. I've always thought that those cars would be a nice candidate for an LS swap. Keep us posted with lots of pics. Very nice project!

Quick Reply: Motor swap TT build - Intake manifold measurement Questions