Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PLEASE HELP!! Viper Installation, Remote Start Does Not Work!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!! Viper Installation, Remote Start Does Not Work!!

I have a 99 camaro and I installed a viper 5204 security with remote start system. I have a XK06 bypass module and it is programmed with my key resistor code, but when i click the button for remote start I get a error message and my lights flash 7 times. I checked the light fault codes and 7 flashes means the I need to enable manual transmission start or check all solutions. I have an automatic so I don't understand why I getting a mts code and I've checked other solutions as well so idk wut the problem is.Do I need to get another bypass module or something? If you have anything to add it would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying to figure out for hours what the problem is. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to read the manual and program the unit for an automatic transmission, it defaults to manual. it should be menu 3 if i recall
Old 01-06-2013, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for you response but I am still having problems. Ok so i found my manual online and it tells me to do this to get my system into programming mode in order to change my system to automatic mode:

1.Open a door.
2. Turn the ignition on, then off.
3. Select a Menu. Press and hold the Control button. The number of siren chirps indicates the menu number. 1 chirp indicates menu 1, 2 chirps - menu 2 and 3 chirps for menu 3.
4. When the desired menu chirps are heard, release the Control button.
5. Select a Feature. Press and release the Control button the number of times corresponding to the feature
you wish to change. Then press and hold one more time to select the features.
6. Program the Feature. While holding the Control button, you can program the feature using the remote control.

But when I press and hold my control button on my antenna I do not hear any chirps from my siren and I know my siren works because it chirps when the doors lock, unlock, and when the alarm goes off. Is there any other way of getting my system in automatic mode or am I missing something?

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!! Viper Installation, Remote Start Does Not Work!!