BMR Adjustable torque arm
BMR subframe connectors
BMR transmission mount
BMR strut tower brace
Spohn adjustable lower control arms
QA1 Adjustable Struts w/Eibach Drag springs
Kyb rear 8 way adjustable shocks
ARP long wheel studs front and rear

That's the suspension setup on the car I just bought. The car can dead hook as it sits. But I am little nervous on how the car will handle street use. Supposedly, the suspension is tighter than stock. But with no front sway bar I am a little uneasy on how things will handle pretty hard street driving. Not looking for breaking road racing records or anything. Just want it to handle better than a stock LS1 F Body with lowering springs.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I DD my car with full rod ended spohn parts and qa1's all around with no front sway bar and a drag bar out back. Car drives fine, and even my buddy couldn't tell the front bar was gone. The trick is to tighten up the front shocks while you're on the street. I've got mine set in the middle of the road setting wise in all four corners and it handles even spirited driving on the street just fine
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Well the most important part to increase your handling is going to be the shocks. You're running a QA1 up front and a KYB in the rear...two shocks not known for their handling prowess. haha They'll be better than stock - for sure - but it's not going to give you the on-the-rails feel you may be looking for.

What you should expect is increased firmness in your suspension with a tighter body. Removing the front sway bar will show itself in tighter corners, or the nose may wander in long sweepers (wont' feel tied down). You can firm up the QA1s on the street to compensate if you would like, but it will have an impact on comfort too.

In other words, a drag setup isn't going to handle. Will it be better than stock? Most likely. Will you win any handling competitions? No. Keeping your front bar on for the street would help a lot. But I wouldn't say your setup is remotely dangerous. I would just keep it in the back of your mind as you're learning the limits of your car.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great replies.

I will be adding a front sway bar to the mix... for sure. And like I said, I drove around a 2000 WS6 around like an animal. The only suspension mod was lowering springs. No idea what kind because I bought the car that way. I love the way that car felt.

But I did drive an 05 SRT4 that had Megan Racing Coilovers on all 4 corners. The car handled the road well, but the steering wheel was always so crazy to control. Like it had a mind of its own. And it wasn't the torque steer you get from being acceleration or whatever. This was when I was hard on the brakes or trying to go around trying to make a left and then right turn (or vice versa)

Is that the type of feel you're speaking of?

Quick Reply: How would this car respond...?