Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stumped/need input and info

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stumped/need input and info

im doing a 5.3 fox body swap, the 5.3 that i have has the 862 heads on them which i assume arnt the best heads. whats the difference in the 243 head compared to the 862 and is it worth while getting the 243 heads? what year/model did the come on?

ive also been throwing around the idea of a cam swap and herd alot of good about the hot cam kits but dont know which cam would work (doing a mild build n/a possible nos for this upcoming season then turbo over next winter) will the hot cam kit work well overall?

have the aje front k member and trans mount, are the dynatech headers best sutable for the build?

where/how can i get a wiring harness to run the engine with a th400?

sorry for all the questions, new to the ls game had a gen1 sbc in my old 89 camaro figured it was time to upgrade a little but thanks for info and help in advanced i will try and get a build thread goin once i get things rolling
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Well all I know is that I have these exact heads (reworked from Texas Speed) and I am very happy with them
Old 01-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Well all I know is that I have these exact heads (reworked from Texas Speed) and I am very happy with them
what did they do to them?

Quick Reply: stumped/need input and info