Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting desperate!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting desperate!

The vehicle is a Ultra 4 Offroad race buggy, The engine is a L92 6.2 ltr. from a 07 Cadillac Ecsolade. The engine harness was custom made by a shop in Mesa, AZ.
The PCM is a E38 from an 08 Silverado. We are retaining the DBW throttlebody and associated pedal. VVT has been removed, Comp cam was installed.
The engine will not start, First problem was a bad PCM that I bought so I had to run out and get another PCM.
I bought HPTuners Pro to beable to access the pcm just to get the engine to fire. I really have no idea what I'm doing with HPTuners.
I disabled VATS, clutch interlock, starter diagnostics and starter check.
I changed the Trans type from automatic to manual.
Below is a log of the DTC's:
[] P0010 - A Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (Bank 1) (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0443 - EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve 1 Control CKT (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0452 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[] P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low Input (SES) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit
[] P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low Input

Continuous Tests
Misfire: Complete
Fuel System: Complete
Comprehensive Component: Complete

Once Per Trip Tests
Catalyst: Incomplete
Heated Catalyst: n/a
Evaporative System: Incomplete
Secondary Air System: n/a
A/C System Refrigerant: n/a
Oxygen Sensor: Incomplete
Oxygen Sensor Heater: Incomplete
EGR System: n/a

This Vehicle is scheduled to be in the King Of Hammers race the First week of February. I need it running NOW but have no Idea what is keeping it from running. it is shceduled for a dyno tuning secession this wednesday

The fuel pump comes on and runs as it should, I'm not sure if the injectors are doing anything. There is no spark from the coils. The MIL never goes on even when manually commanded from the VCM scanner, Fans don't come on when commanded nor does the fuel pump.

I've been trying to get the local HpTuner guru's to help but can't get them to return my calls.

HpTuner support has been of no help, I've been waiting for one of their engineers to look at the tune file since a few days befor Christmas. That problem was worked out without their help we did find the PCM was defective....I can't say what I'm thinking about their customer support!

I'm totally stressed out and about ready to set fire to the Buggy!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

VVT removed... What did you change/eliminate in the ecm when you did that? [P0010].
All grounds in place and tested?
Power to the system in both run and start key positions?
Did you clear the codes when you installed the new ECM?

Post up the tune file... Maybe, someone will spot the issues.

I can't look, as we use EFILIVE.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post the tune file. And don't be bashin on HPtuners support. They're not there to help you tune your car.

Have you checked your powers and grounds to the PCM using a wiring diagram for the donor vehicle? If not, you need to start there. If you do not have all of your powers and grounds, you're going to have problems, and no amount of tuning can fix bad grounds or no power.

Check your power and ground to the coils first.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

If stuff aint working that tells me the problem may not be in the tune itself.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only reson I'm unhappy with HPT suport is the fact they never got back to me about the issue I was working out about the bad PCM.
I understand they won't help with the tune but I'm just trying to get this to run, the tuning will be done by NicD.
As far as the DTC's go they have been cleared several times, the codes posted are what keep popping up after they are cleared.
As far as the VVT delete goes. all the VVT hardware was deleted, the timing cover replaced. I can't figure out how to shut down the VVT in the Tune it self.

How do I post the tune file on this forum?

Last edited by hayseed; 01-07-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to go thru and check out the throttle issue codes you have. Id say that is why it wont start. Those are important.

[] P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low Input (SES) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)

[] P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low Input

Quick Reply: Getting desperate!