Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front lower control arm options

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front lower control arm options

So my front lowers are rusted pretty bad on my 99. Looking at my options, Im really liking the idea of 1LE stock arms and bushings, however, they are the same f'in price as aftermarket.

I really dont want to put aftermarket on with joints that are noisy and wear out in a year, which seems to be the case most of the time.

Are there any aftermarket arms that come with rubber bushings? If not, why haven't parts makers capitalized on this? I mean, 1LE type rubber is the best all around for daily driving by a long shot.

Another question, why arent there any aftermarket OEM arms that are cheaper? I recently replaced a lower front arm on my sister's stratus, and get this, replacement OEM style was 44 dollars on Amazon. WTF? They werent stamped f-body crap either!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I remember correctly, the Moog replacement bushings for the front control arms are modeled after the 1LE bushings.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Teching In

I was going to go that option but i need a new arm, like the metal.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Launching!

I'm going with BMR lowering a-arms, so I have a couple that I would sell if interested. I replaced the ball joint last year with a Moog ball joint along with poly bushings.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I can tell you from experience that the spherical rod ends in our BMR front lower a-arms transfer little to no noise over the factory arms so I wouldn't worry too much about that. The spherical rod ends are a wearable item and will wear over time but they generally tend to last a really long time. I know we have some customers out there that have 7-8 years on their BMR lower a-arms without any issues. Alot of the wear and tear on the spherical bearing comes down to what kind of driving and abuse the car is seeing.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Front lower control arm options