Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help Finding a Connector

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Finding a Connector

I am needing to find a connector that will replace the switch in the attached picture. This switch is the fuel door switch from a 2005 GTO. I am wanting to create an extension harness of sorts and make it plug and play. Any thoughts on how to identify what connector to get? And, yes, I have browsed Mouser and some other sites and have not seen something that looks like it will work.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Help Finding a Connector-photo.jpg  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Other the custom fabrication. I don't think there would be, what I would do is run wires for each pin to desired location then find a way to tuck the wires away, bundling them together. But as far as a extension harness I don't think anyone currently makes them

Edit: are you talking about hooking up a whole new switch all together?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

It will be easier to figure out by taking a picture of the plug and not the switch. Once you can identify what type of plug it is, then you can easily look up the matching receptacle, which will look different from the switch socket.

Most GM's are easy to look this stuff up, but since the GTO started as a Holden, I'm not sure if they used the same Delphi connector systems. If they did, it should be a sinch and the plug should be in the Delphi catalog.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. I'll look in the Delphi catalog. I know that the engine harness uses Delphi connectors.

If I needed to make something, where can I get mini spade connectors? I could make something myself to plug into the harness, but the spade connectors would need to be about the size of the spades on the mini fuses, if that makes sense.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robofuzz
Thanks. I'll look in the Delphi catalog. I know that the engine harness uses Delphi connectors.

If I needed to make something, where can I get mini spade connectors? I could make something myself to plug into the harness, but the spade connectors would need to be about the size of the spades on the mini fuses, if that makes sense.
My local O'reilly carries them, you may have to modify the connector a little but. such as smushing it to make a tighter fit. i had to do that in my girls 93' camaro and i havnt had any issues out of it yet. what i would do is, take your switch with you and mock up the connectors, O'rielly's is really the only place that i have been able to let me open the package and test fit things. but then again im in there every other day so they know me better then most people. just let them know what you are doing before you help yourself haah

Quick Reply: Help Finding a Connector