Sponsored by:

4.3 harness conversion to 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:26 PM
JLC
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.3 harness conversion to 5.3

Hello all, I am new here and I have a question about the 4.3 vortec engine harness. I have read on some s10 forums that just about all of it is plug and play. So my question is do I just have to install the injector plugs and the coil packs? Then flash the s10 ecu to run the 5.3?
It all just seems to good to be true. I am very firmiliar with wiring. But the 5.3 is going into my 90 2wd toyota pickup being built for pro-truck drag racing.
I am building on a budget And I dont want to buy something that I would have no use for.
I have everything but the harness and ecu. My friend is willing to give me the 4.3 vortec harness and ecu in trade for a turbo.
Any input is appreciated
Thanks
Jessie
Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pcms are cheap, and so are the harnesses on ebay. As a trade for a turbo seems like a bad deal on your part. Just get a computer on ebay and the harness reworked by someone. Your V6 one will cost you MORE to modify and make work, than it would to just buy the right one.

In fact, the harness you would probably want to use would be from a 1999 - 2002 Camaro, it looks a lot nicer in a streetrod than a truck harness.

Another thing to add is, the 5.3 has no distributor, so you would have to buy all the connectors to run cam/crank triggers, and other things... It would be a mess.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM
JLC
Teching In

Thanks for the input and that makes more sense I was at the junk yard yesterday and seen a 99 camaro out there with no coils or intake but harness looked to be intact. So I guess ill go that route as you said as far as sensor plugs... etc.
Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

the 4.3 harness is not plug and play, You need the 4.3 and the 5.3 engine harness. You will repin the c2 connector from the 5.3 to match the underhood fuse buse of the s10 you are using. If you want the ecu to be in the stock location of the s10 you might need to lengthen some wires. Its not as hard as I am making it sound. You should post up over at the lsx section of the s10forum. I know one of the guys has done a few harnesses for others and its worked out well. I can give you some contact info for him if you want.

Quick Reply: 4.3 harness conversion to 5.3