Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Dash light and turn signal help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash light and turn signal help!

Hey guys came here to see if you can help me
I was installing my headlight Sonars with LED and Halo rings
when i finished up everything my front right signal light was sticking was
staying on on the dash.
(notice the turn signal stays on when i turn on the
parking lights on or head lights) but if its off the light would work and signal correctly.

(i wired the Halos to my parking lights)

I was working all day on the car trying to fix the problem and just ended up
messing up my dash lights.
this happen i believe when i accidentally got one of the parking light wires
to touch +/-.
Now my dash lights wont turn on at all. (note the dash lights do come on when i hit the alarm button)
So disappointed with all this

plz help guys
Attached Thumbnails Dash light and turn signal help!-333.jpg  

Last edited by Ogrodii; 01-15-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dash lights sounds like a blown fuse....check them first. And you probably wired into the wrong wire with the turn signal issue. The turn signals have a 3 wire connection, each with a specific purpose....if you wired into the wrong one the bulb for the turn signal would get power whenever your lights do.....that's what it looks like anyway.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
The dash lights sounds like a blown fuse....check them first. And you probably wired into the wrong wire with the turn signal issue. The turn signals have a 3 wire connection, each with a specific purpose....if you wired into the wrong one the bulb for the turn signal would get power whenever your lights do.....that's what it looks like anyway.
Ill have to check all the fuse by the door inside. i know i checked the dimmer fuse
and it seemed to be ok.

On the turn signal yes it has 3 wires which is

Black= Negative
Brown= parking light
Blue= turn signals
i know on the turn signal socket on the 3 wires it says ABC is there a specific way to wire them?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Never rely on a visual inspection of fuses - they can look fine but still be blown. Always use a tester or replace with a known good fuse. The fuse you need to check is labeled TAIL LPS... it protects the parking lights and dash illumination.

You probably have a burned out bulb on the side that doesn't flash. The fact that the parking lights still worked with the headlights has nothing to do with the problem since they are dual filament bulbs and the T/S filament can burn out without affecting the parking light filament. A burned out bulb will cause the remaining signal lights to go on but not flash. If it's not the bulb then it could be a corroded socket or a bad wiring connection but the bulb is the most likely.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Never rely on a visual inspection of fuses - they can look fine but still be blown. Always use a tester or replace with a known good fuse. The fuse you need to check is labeled TAIL LPS... it protects the parking lights and dash illumination.

You probably have a burned out bulb on the side that doesn't flash. The fact that the parking lights still worked with the headlights has nothing to do with the problem since they are dual filament bulbs and the T/S filament can burn out without affecting the parking light filament. A burned out bulb will cause the remaining signal lights to go on but not flash. If it's not the bulb then it could be a corroded socket or a bad wiring connection but the bulb is the most likely.

Hey your the man! it was the Tail Lps Fuse. fixed the dash light not turning on problem. (fixed)

Im back to where i cant get the signal bulbs right. is there a certain
way to connect the wires on the socket i know it say ABC on the signal
socket.

and both socket and bulbs work good when i mix the wiring around i got it to flash and signal light on ect. so it cant be the bulb or the socket
causing my signal lights to stay on when i turn on parking lights

thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ogrodii
Hey your the man! it was the Tail Lps Fuse. fixed the dash light not turning on problem. (fixed)

Im back to where i cant get the signal bulbs right. is there a certain
way to connect the wires on the socket i know it say ABC on the signal
socket.

and both socket and bulbs work good when i mix the wiring around i got it to flash and signal light on ect. so it cant be the bulb or the socket
causing my signal lights to stay on when i turn on parking lights

thanks
Yes. Lol.....there is a certain way. Maybe someone can chime in on what it is, but I used the trial & error method.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 PM

Well guys i got everything working the flash signal problem was the wiring for signal lights.
Just had to make sure the wires were all correct and make sure you wire the
Halo's to the parking light (Brown Wire) and negative wire (Black).

Do not wire it to the turn signal wire wich is (Blue).

for anyone having trouble in the future

Thanks guys......

Last edited by Ogrodii; 01-17-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Dash light and turn signal help!