General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0101 103 803 & o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0101 103 803 & o2 sensors

Well just solved a problem I've had with my 98 for about a month and thought I'd post up something I learned along the way. randomly one day my car set off codes for both front o2 sensors didnt think much about it Ive only owned the car a year and not sure when they were replaced last so I went to the parts store and bought two new ones and replaced them that lasted about a week and the codes came back this time with p0101 po103 and p0803 after changing the maf and o2 sensors again I came across a thread about maf wires breaking so i split the harness and looked for broken or damaged wires but to no avail I drove the car a few more times before talking with a couple friends about it and one told me when he had his lq9 put in his car the same thing happened but they had smashed the connector for the rear o2 sensor and it had blown out the engine sensor fuse under the hood so guess what...engine sensor fuse was blown on mine and the old maf and probley o2 sensors were fine I guess you learn something new everyday just thought I'd share this with everyone before you tear your harness apart check the engine sensor fuse
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an issue in the same circuit...sounds familiar to the issues you are having. I have tried swapping out for a different maf, and disconnected everything on the line, only to get another blown fuse. I'm pretty sure I have a short somewhere, but I haven't found it.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Lots of people should thank you for this post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Furious1
I have an issue in the same circuit...sounds familiar to the issues you are having. I have tried swapping out for a different maf, and disconnected everything on the line, only to get another blown fuse. I'm pretty sure I have a short somewhere, but I haven't found it.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe mine was caused by a rear o2 sensor harness being drug off and shorting out one pin to another my rear o2's are not hooked up and when I finished a clutch swap I forgot to tie up the harness and drug it around for a couple days, its possible you could have a short in the same harness or could be in the harness from the maf back to main engine harness it has a split there and has been a known issue on lt1 cars good luck hope you find it
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Which sensor is the engine sensor? Will it say engine or what?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry guys I found it the engine fuse. Ok mine was good. I thought I was gonna get lucky and find my issue. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Quick Reply: P0101 103 803 & o2 sensors