Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia Clutch Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Textralia Clutch Question

I need some advise. I have an 05 CTS-V with an LS6 and RPM level V trans. It has a textralia clutch and pressure plate which worked great. It started to slip so we took it apart and found the disc to be shot. We replaced the disc and with the proper 500 mile break in period over. The clutch is slipping. The pedal feels like it is at the top end of travel when engaged. The trans is back out of the car and we are trying to figure out what is going on. I am going to try and attach a picture of the slave. it looks as if it has two spacers on the back of the slave. First question is does this require two spacers? It was not slipping at all before the disc going bad so I am assuming both were needed. I really need a solution before putting everything back in obviously. Any suggestions?

Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone from RPM chime in??
Old 01-19-2013, 06:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Im not familiar with the CTS-V..

Does it use a longer bellhousing than the Camaro or something ? Do those spacers have a GM part number, or are they an aftermarket part ?

Certainly on a Camaro etc, no spacers are required.

How long did the previous clutch last, and I guess it was in use with those spacers fitted ?

Quick Reply: Textralia Clutch Question