LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 Fleetwood Header+Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Fleetwood Header+Exhaust

Hey like title says, I have a 94 Fleetwood and want to put the headers and exhaust on it. I'm planning on going pacesetter lt's and this Jegs exhaust.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...oductId=757326

Read on another forum in some old thread that they've put that exhaust on a fleetwood put needed like a 6" extension since the caddy is longer.

Would I need something like this?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wl...FQf0nAodZ1cANQ

Also, what else? Clamps or something? Just want to make sure I order everything right the first time so I don't have to reorder stuff since nowhere local.

Any other advice? I think I was reading around that the headers are a pain in the ***? I got a shop I can work at with lifts and plenty of tools so I dont know if that would make my life easy? Should i change any gaskets while im at it? i might paint my valve covers as well. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.i
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What pacesetters are you planning to try on the fleetwood? I was not aware they made any for the b-body, your car is technically a d-body but in general b-body parts should work except for a few things like exhaust length, and your ABS system is 4-channel which causes some changes at the rear axle.
Neither of your links work.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Ail45, welcome to LS1tech! SEARCH will be your best friend here-and 96capricemgr.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 AM

Yea I've read up previously that the pacesetter long tubes, plus that jegs exhaust. I found on the impala ss forum that someone with a fleetwood did it to his and only needed a 6" extension. Just that thread was from back in 07 so didn't want to revive it for a bs question.

Didnt realize the links were down, here they are again.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...oductId=757326

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-41972

I'm really doubtful that 6" reducer is what ill need though.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:55 AM
11 Second Club

What is the outlet on the headers?
Where is the extension supposed to go?

I believe the Fleetwood is about 13" longer than a Caprice with roughly half of that being in the wheelbase. I would be inclined to try and mount the catback and then see what it takes to connect the headers though be prepared to maybe need to add some length between the muffler and intermediate pipes. I haven't spent any time under a Fleetwood. Just trying to reason through the facts I know like the Fleetwood being long will likely complicate the catback fitment. I would expect it to be adaptable but take a little extra creativity than normal. I would also expect the tailpipes to not reach quite as far back as they do on the b-body but should be just fine, if it drones then get longer tips.

I am pretty sure Summit sells some ball and socket connectors which you should be able to mate up to the stock style connection at the front of that catback, maybe those would be long enough to reach the headers?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:55 AM

The long tubes are 3" and the exhaust is 2.5", the extension should be right after the headers. I think once on it doesn't sit all the way back like your saying but that's fine with me since didnt want them poking out and still be tucked away. Hopefully it's a nice fitment. Worst case, I am a welder and ill make/adjust stuff but the damn machines in my shop suck ***, ill see if I can put it on a lift before I order **** to get a better idea. Ill post pics if I'm able to. Btw thx for the help man.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

So the headers are a slip fit?

If a slip fit I would think you could get a 3" slip fit pipe with a ball and socket connector on the other end. My concern with trying to make up all the length difference between the header and intermediate pipe would be pipe to crossmember clearance.

Since you are a welder you certainly can make this all work just trying to offer a heads up where I think you will need to look for problems.

Keeping the ball and socket at the front of the catback will make things easier it accounts for missalignment and is easy to take apart when needed.

I did slipfit with my most recent headers and did not have a good exhaust shop to help me and it was more hassle than I feel it was worth. Probably flows a little better but I have no reason to believe it is enough to help performance. If I had it to do over I would have stayed ball and socket.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM

Hey, been busy with some complications on the bike I just bought so Havnt looked into this more an gonna prob wait till next paycheck. Good thing it gives me more time to figure **** out before I try rushing into it.

The headers are slip fit, and here's the Link on eBay.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...981&cmd=VIDESC

The only thing worrying me now is I still Havnt seen how that exhuast is. Guess gonna try calling them to check what type of connector it has as well a make sure it has dual inlets. Prob going to be going to the shop soon to work on the bike so ill toss the caddy up on the lift for a few pics.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

The stock style exhaust meaning stock and catbacks meant to fit like stock use a ball and socket to connect the cats to the catback the catback having the flared socket portion with the outlet of the cats being the ball end.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ail45
Hey, been busy with some complications on the bike I just bought so Havnt looked into this more an gonna prob wait till next paycheck. Good thing it gives me more time to figure **** out before I try rushing into it.

The headers are slip fit, and here's the Link on eBay.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...981&cmd=VIDESC

The only thing worrying me now is I still Havnt seen how that exhuast is. Guess gonna try calling them to check what type of connector it has as well a make sure it has dual inlets. Prob going to be going to the shop soon to work on the bike so ill toss the caddy up on the lift for a few pics.
Will Camaro/Firebird headers fit that chassis?

Quick Reply: 94 Fleetwood Header+Exhaust