Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

hurst comp plus shifter vs oem hurst

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hurst comp plus shifter vs oem hurst

I just bought a 1998 z28 and somebody has put a short shifter in it and i really dont like the feel of it . It is a little to notchy and it feels like it has no cushing in the shifting it also vibratesmore then i would think ia normal in 3rd gear . But anyways my question is does anyone know where i can find the oem shifter setup including the stick?

I posted this a couple days ago and didnt get any reply on it now i found the oem on ebay for 100$ and it doesnt include the stick just the base . Now im between buying it or the comp plus shifter ill put links at the bottom of both of them to click on . My question is if anyone has the comp plus how does it feel compared to factory

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurst-Comp-P...2d2c15&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Factory-...34c445&vxp=mtr
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

the part # comes up as "HURST Pro Billet" shifter. I put one in when I did my A4-T56 swap. IMHO superior to the stock shifter

http://www.summitracing.com/search/y...ction/shifters
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Dude, I have the stock shifter sitting in my garage! Pm me if you want it.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya I wouldn't buy a stock sifter, if ska4life doesn't hook you up alot of people have theirs sitting around. I think I do even? check locals too.

I think the factory hurst is the same as all other stamped steel bases, with a diffrent handle? But the pro billet is a thicker alum base.
next time your under the car check the trans mount too, if it worn and ripped really bad and could be sitting on the metal T on the back that keeps it form ripping out all the way. I've seen that on some cars, and gets alot more vibrations, and Same with the torque arm bushing. Seen cars they ther all worn out and the trans and shift move all over, and the new owner didnt know how bad it was (over not messed up bushings).
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM

thanks for all the replys it helped alot i didnt know the billet pro was basically the same thing . I just want a smooth quiet shifter . Im going to pm skate right now and see how much he wants
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by studderin
ya I wouldn't buy a stock sifter, if ska4life doesn't hook you up alot of people have theirs sitting around. I think I do even? check locals too.

I think the factory hurst is the same as all other stamped steel bases, with a diffrent handle? But the pro billet is a thicker alum base.
next time your under the car check the trans mount too, if it worn and ripped really bad and could be sitting on the metal T on the back that keeps it form ripping out all the way. I've seen that on some cars, and gets alot more vibrations, and Same with the torque arm bushing. Seen cars they ther all worn out and the trans and shift move all over, and the new owner didnt know how bad it was (over not messed up bushings).
Ill be sure to check that too next time im under there

Quick Reply: hurst comp plus shifter vs oem hurst