LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Not your tipical BLM issue - Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not your tipical BLM issue - Need help!

I have been a reader if this forum, a couple of years before I purchased my 1995 Camaro LT1, almost 3 years ago. Slowly I have been building it up and fixing all the issues it has, so I can have a stable base to work on and start getting into more serious mods.

The car has a supercharger, running 6 psi of boost, with water/meth injection, 36/lb injectors, Aeromotive boost reference regulator, MSD 6BTM, stock bottom end, a few goodies on the heads (no port work/stock cam). The car has new plug, new wires, new opti, new battery, all new sensors...

I took my car to the shop, to fix what was suspected to be an exhaust leak. My tuner mentioned that the rich idle could be an exhaust leak; before we could tune the car even more (a tad lean on top/knocking). I can send you the logs so you can take a look.

After my mechanic fixed the leaks, (took the opportunity to change motor and transmission mounts, and the TB cable)... The car started to run terrible. One of the 02 sensors was reading 1000 and the other seemed to be stuck around 450.

With the advice of my tuner, we took out the 02 sensors, and the problems in idle disapear (but still run rich). But with the sensors and on close loop all sort of things started to happen. The mechanic mentioned that the 02 were old and need to be replaced, so we did.

I received the new Delco's, and installed them. Reset the PCM and away we went. Fire the car up. The wideband is reading 10:1, and the Datamaster logs see both 02 sensors around 1000. After a few minutes the car heats up, goes into close loop and both LTERM BLM go down to 80, and the car start acting very weird. The STERM are all over the place, the car is very lean and stumbles on the road, between 600rpm and 1500pm.

If I blip the throttle you can see how both BLM temporarily get fixed, but once it goes into idle, same problem. Also while the car is parked, and I accelerate around 1500 / 3000 rpm the car is running rich (based on the wideband/pcm reading).

When at WOT, the car runs ok... the car is running lean on top (same as before the exhaust fix), so once we have this going we will proceed to fixing that.

Guys I really don't know what to do now... I’m in need of help, a set of diagnostics that my mechanic can check to see what is the cause of the problems. Or tell what you suspect is wrong with my car... If any of you want to see the log, I will send it, or give me a hand how to post it here...

Quick Reply: Not your tipical BLM issue - Need help!