Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring gurus needed

Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring gurus needed

in the process of eliminating some wiring and running some wires and want to make sure that i hook the wires up to the right ones on the body so i dont fry some stuff. Harness is froma 01 chevy truck going in a 87 fox body mustang. running bare essentials minus all trans stuff.

wires from the c2 connector are
purple-starter relay feed coil ?????
green- trans mounted nss output
yel- trans mounted nss output

Red connector
Engine tach output- im assuming this is going to the tach input on the body harness
Mil light control- to the check engine light on the body harness
Vehicle speed output- Not sure where as i am running a th400 and have deleted all of the trans stuff

blue connector-
serial data to obd2 port- obviously the obd port i am installing
brake switch output- would this get connected to the signal wire on the brake switch of the body harness.

sorry for the long post just trying to make sure these wires get hooked up correctly. any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

also i am looking at deleting the altenator plug but back tracing to the red connector i see that most of the wires go to ignition control. i have adapted a fox 3g altenator to work so do i need to worry about the ignition control wires?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

nobody?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87lsttop
in the process of eliminating some wiring and running some wires and want to make sure that i hook the wires up to the right ones on the body so i dont fry some stuff. Harness is froma 01 chevy truck going in a 87 fox body mustang. running bare essentials minus all trans stuff.

wires from the c2 connector are
purple-starter relay feed coil ?????
green- trans mounted nss output
yel- trans mounted nss output

Red connector
Engine tach output- im assuming this is going to the tach input on the body harness
Mil light control- to the check engine light on the body harness
Vehicle speed output- Not sure where as i am running a th400 and have deleted all of the trans stuff

blue connector-
serial data to obd2 port- obviously the obd port i am installing
brake switch output- would this get connected to the signal wire on the brake switch of the body harness.

sorry for the long post just trying to make sure these wires get hooked up correctly. any help is greatly appreciated.
wires from the c2 connector are- This is the 12a wire that feeds the starter solenoid on the engine.
green- trans mounted nss output- Not used
yel- Not used on your application

Red connector
Engine tach output- Goes to tachometer, can change settings in PCM
Mil light control- Supplies the GROUND for the check engine light
Vehicle speed output- If you are not running a speed sensor this will not be used. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO USE A SPEED SENSOR.

blue connector-
serial data to obd2 port- OBD port cavity 2
brake switch output- If this is cavity 33 on the blue connector this is for the tcc lockup, which you will not use since you are using a th400.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

The previous post is great but another great source of info is at lt1swap.com I have been on there a lot and you should be able to find some answers. TONS of info!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

thats what I have been using as a guide but just needed the certainty for those wires I had listed. Thanks bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiring gurus needed