Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Losing clutch pressure w/fluid still full?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Losing clutch pressure w/fluid still full?

Hello Guys.. So im trying to work out the kinks after my t56 conversion. I have the Tick Master, speed bleeder w/ Monster Stage 3 premium kit. I bled the clutch for the first time after I installed everything. The pedal was nice and stiff and I could go through all the gears with no issues.. The next day I go out to work on the car and start it up, the clutch is lower with less travel but my fluids are full. I look around and everything seems to be dry. I bled the system again, the pedal became stiff, higher and the car shifted fine.. The next day, same thing, can't shift it, fluids are full and lower pedal.. I don't understand. Unless maybe the Pressure settles and I have to adjust the clutch pedal now?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

did you bench bleed the master good? It could still have air in lines and air will move over time. If not, check possible leaks on slave. New slave?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Default new

Yes brand new slave from Monster...Ill try bleeding it again.. Installed a new O-Ring from the master to slave connector.. No leaks to begin with but whatever
Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It could be a bad piston seal in the MC. It will leak internally, causing a mushy pedal but no external leaks.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With no external leaks, it sounds like a master seal is allowing a leak-by. This can happen if you use too high a vac on a bleed operation and damage the master seal. Did you use a Mity vac or similar bleeder? What vac did you pump?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Default Master to Slave

So I got under the car and took out the connector from the Master to slave and reseated it. I seem to have normal operation of the Clutch.. Weird but Reseating seemed to have fixed it.

Quick Reply: Losing clutch pressure w/fluid still full?