Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injector flow rate vs kpa

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default injector flow rate vs kpa

What is the correct way to scale injectors using hp tuners. Im running 80 lb injectors with a magnafuel boost reference FPR and put 80 across the flow rate vs kpa table, Is this correct?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

that sounds correct.

what is your BASE fuel pressure with the FPR removed set at? reason I ask is if the injector is rated 80# @ 43.5psi; and your BASE fuel pressure at your FPR with the manifold reference removed is 58psi; your IFR is incorrect.

BASE FPR pressure w/ NO manifold hookup = xx psi

Injector 80# rated fuel psi xxx psi

if both are equal, then yes, 80# is what you put across the IFR table.

if one is 58psi and one is 43.5psi; then you will multiply 80# by 1.1547 and put that number in the IFR table across the entire table.

*square root of 58/43.5 = 1.1547; flow difference from 43.5psi to 58psi.

Another note is if you are running 18psi BOOST, then you will want to check your fuel pumps maximum pressure; as most are rated up to 70psi I think. So you will want to scale back your FPR pressure and scale your IFR accordingly...all depends on boost you are running and your fuel pump max psi.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
that sounds correct.

what is your BASE fuel pressure with the FPR removed set at? reason I ask is if the injector is rated 80# @ 43.5psi; and your BASE fuel pressure at your FPR with the manifold reference removed is 58psi; your IFR is incorrect.

BASE FPR pressure w/ NO manifold hookup = xx psi

Injector 80# rated fuel psi xxx psi

if both are equal, then yes, 80# is what you put across the IFR table.

if one is 58psi and one is 43.5psi; then you will multiply 80# by 1.1547 and put that number in the IFR table across the entire table.

*square root of 58/43.5 = 1.1547; flow difference from 43.5psi to 58psi.

Another note is if you are running 18psi BOOST, then you will want to check your fuel pumps maximum pressure; as most are rated up to 70psi I think. So you will want to scale back your FPR pressure and scale your IFR accordingly...all depends on boost you are running and your fuel pump max psi.
Injectors are rated a 43.5 and thats what pressure im running so 80s across the IFR table should work. Thank you for the help

Is there a benefit to using one of the injector flow rate calculators and scaling the IFR or is this just for a fixed fuel pressure?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Novaray64
Injectors are rated a 43.5 and thats what pressure im running so 80s across the IFR table should work. Thank you for the help

Is there a benefit to using one of the injector flow rate calculators and scaling the IFR or is this just for a fixed fuel pressure?

The scaling of the injector flow rate table is only if you have a fixed pressure system. It is what emulates what a boost reference is doing in a way..

80 across is fine.

Quick Reply: injector flow rate vs kpa